my dc is resetting

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: my dc is resetting

Post#11 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:21 am

Just throwing in my 2 cents: I sometimes had problems with one of my DCs resetting as well. From my experience it's also worth checking whether the long pins from the motherboard are making a connection in the center of the metal pin connectors on the PSU. It seemed to me it's possible to connect the PSU and even screw it down properly in a way that the pins are more towards one side or the other, making contact but not on the biggest surface possible with the connectors on the PSU. I just gently moved them more towards the center with a toothpick and from what I remember, that solved the reset problem.

schmidtee
rebel

Post#12 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:26 am

happened to me years ago and cleaned the comb and it worked again, and recently happened again. So if I only have to take it apart and clean every 5 years or so I'm ok with that :) wouldn't trust me with hair straighteners let alone soldering irons!!!

Sega RPG

Post#13 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:35 am

schmidtee wrote:happened to me years ago and cleaned the comb and it worked again, and recently happened again. So if I only have to take it apart and clean every 5 years or so I'm ok with that :) wouldn't trust me with hair straighteners let alone soldering irons!!!

Ahahahah yeah well me too

louis012345678
Doom

Post#14 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:44 pm

The same thing happened to me a while ago. I literally just disconnected the psu from the board, gave the pins a clean, reconnected the psu and my dreamcast hasn't reset since.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#15 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:06 pm

I've had this issue before also.
Cleaning the pins and contacts on the psu and mobo, then re-seating the psu fixed the issue.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:18 pm

I gave my rev1 Sega Sports just a eeny bend on the pins n it stopped but the resets were crazy frequent too. Shocked that stopped it

Though hasn't occurred to the rev0 maybe those jus have more luck