Battery issue

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Smoke99
undertow

Battery issue

Post#1 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:35 am

I took out my old DC battery and soldered a battery holder and put in a rechargable CR-2032 battery into it and everything worked. I put in the date and it saved and didn't require me to do it again when I turned my system and on. However, as time goes on. When i didn't use my dreamcast for only a couple days. It required that i put in the time and date again, meaning the battery is either not working or ran out.. n so when I reset the date again. It saves again for a couple days, and then the same thing keeps happening as time goes on. So can you guys tell me the possible issues that might be going on here? Is it perhaps the battery? Or perhaps i need to itso my system on for a long time cuz the battery needs to charge? I really need advice here and will be posting a photo of my battery in my system, soon

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Battery issue

Post#2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:20 am

You do need to play the system for hours at a time to fully charge it. However, the modded DC I received a few months back has a similar issue with the coin cell battery mod. It simply doesn't hold time very long. I tried taking the system apart and felt it was a little loose, so I soldered it in better but same issue. So I gave up on it for now and suspect it could just be an old battery.

NightBreeze
fire

Post#3 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:02 am

Is it a ML2032 or a LIR2032 battery? It should be ML2032. Also, if it says CR anywhere it's not rechargeable and should be removed immediately (they might not react nicely to charging).

That said, I'm very curious how ML2032 became the standard for the battery mod. I know it works but the original is 2430 so I'm guessing a ML2430 should work as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:04 am

CR2032 is a battery, he quickly dies if you charge it

Umbrella$$Dreamcast
undertow

Post#5 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:13 pm

There is such a problem, where can I get the battery holder?