AV Output and 5v pin

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: AV Output and 5v pin

Post#11 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Ah 2A and 3A makes a lot more sense! Not sure why I thought it was 0.2 and 0.3. I'm apparently terrible at interpreting the marking on SMDs. lol
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Flavio-Neves
shadow

Post#12 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:37 am

Thank you all guys, you all are awesome.

I did the welding suggestion and it's working fine with the Akura box. I saved the picture showing the fuse I have to test and replace, thank you for your time and patience to look for it.

I'll buy the fuse at eBay and replace as soon as it arrives.

The Serial port 5v have no power also, for sure it's the fuse.

Thank you all again, guys, keep alive this amazing community :)

ei8ht
noob

Post#13 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:41 am

Hi guys,

I also need your help with a similar problem. I bought a Toro, but I wont get a signal via SCART. I wrote to the support, who referred me to this forum thread.

With my problem there are also no 5V at the AV port. My board is the Rev. VA1. I checked the RE19 fuse, looks for me that its still ok.

Any Ideas?

Mr.Marshall
shadow

Post#14 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:23 pm

BlueCrab wrote:Please note that doing this does run the risk of breaking something else in the console in the future. The problem that you're having is that there is a fuse inside the console that has blown because something has shorted the +5v pin to (probably) ground on your A/V port (or possibly on the serial port, as I think they share the same fuses) at some point.

Just be careful if you've done what's suggested here instead of replacing the surface-mount fuse, which would be the proper way to fix it...

Is there a guide to doing this for a guy who does not know how to sodder, would it be difficult to learn?

ARUSS
noob

Post#15 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:25 pm

Anyone ever had an issue on the serial port where the 5v pin was only outputting ~3v? My initial hunch is that my earlier prototype serial connector may have shorted 2 pins and possibly damaged a resistor (lowering the resistance). The connector I have now is solid, and there is continuity between the connector and the serial pins without any shorting between the pins; but the damage may have already be done. Pointing me to any relevant component numbers would be a great help.