Does the DreamPi Work Using Backups ?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

codad1
shadow

Does the DreamPi Work Using Backups ?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:57 pm

Hello, I've recently fished out my old Raspberry Pi in the hopes I could use it to get my Dreamcast back online, I've even ordered a Dell USB Modem which should be in soon, but as it goes I had moved a few years ago away from a friend (who had introduced me to the dreamcast) and I was wondering, if I backed up his copy of Phantasy Star Online, could I play online with other PSO users normally ?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Does the DreamPi Work Using Backups ?

Post#2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:26 pm

Just grab Ives' torrent from Phantasy Star Online Palace (Downloads>PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 Torrent)

Fixed file sort so quick char loads no crazy nonstop grinding! And no frozen screen of deaths an incredible breakthrough

Sylverant PSO1 server does encourage to have your own SNAK (serial number+access key). Maybe your bud can throw you it

Does DreamPi work using backups? You can play over any medium ^.^

codad1
shadow

Post#3 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:44 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Just grab Ives' torrent from Phantasy Star Online Palace (Downloads>PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 Torrent)

Fixed file sort so quick char loads no crazy nonstop grinding! And no frozen screen of deaths an incredible breakthrough

Sylverant PSO1 server does encourage to have your own SNAK (serial number+access key). Maybe your bud can throw you it

Does DreamPi work using backups? You can play over any medium ^.^

Yea, i have a revision 1 Dreamcast and I know it can play backups, but THANKYOU so much man, I really appreciate the help

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#4 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:59 pm

lol backups :lol:

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Nowadays all the cool kids are using solid state solutions for running GDI's. The GDEMU will give you such a quality of life improvement it will blow your mind. Seriously look them up on eBay.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#6 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:28 pm

its 2019

they stopped being "backups" a long long time ago...