need help fixing my VA0 dreamcast

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

dreamcast459
dark night

need help fixing my VA0 dreamcast

Post#1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:41 am

ok so im kinda lost. i recently bought from a friend a revision 1 dreamcast controller board that has the battery socket mod done to it, only there is a problem. i have a revision zero dreamcast and the fan on my DC doesnt have a 3 pin molex plug it only has a 2 pin plug can i buy an adapter cable to convert the 2 pin to a 3 pin or no?

for those who ask my controller board was broken just didnt realize the revision 1 used a 3 pin fan instead of the 2 pin

to clarify i want to hook up my revision 0 dreamcast fan to my revision 1 controller board

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: need help fixing my VA0 dreamcast

Post#2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:53 am

How exactly is the previous controller board broken? If it's just the fuse, might be worth just fixing that instead of swapping the entire board.

dreamcast459
dark night

Re: need help fixing my VA0 dreamcast

Post#3 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:26 am

i already had the fuse replaced it didnt fix the board so i need to swap it out also i dont have the solder skills to do any solder stuff hence why i wanna swap out the board