Uploading art to Jet Grind Radio

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Uploading art to Jet Grind Radio

Post#1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:34 am

Hi
I've followed all the directions and cannot get a successful upload. Also the directions say,
"Capturing Images: When you move the cursor over an image, simultaneously press X and A buttons to save that image to your VMU"
Does that mean I need to use the web browser disc? Don't have one yet, if anyone can explain this better to me.. Thank you so much!

http://jetgrindradio.dreampipe.net/imagecreation.html

Xiden
Developer

Re: Uploading art to Jet Grind Radio

Post#2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:31 am

ERVOSCV wrote:Hi
I've followed all the directions and cannot get a successful upload. Also the directions say,
"Capturing Images: When you move the cursor over an image, simultaneously press X and A buttons to save that image to your VMU"
Does that mean I need to use the web browser disc? Don't have one yet, if anyone can explain this better to me.. Thank you so much!

I haven't tried custom images yet but ill try tomorrow. I believe you must use the jet set radio browser to surf to your image. You will most likely have to unlock the browser url bar first. Hold a + press start 9 times. Then highlight url bar at bottom of screen and press X+A. Then enter url of your image. Highlight with arrow and press X+A over image to download it to vmu.

Are you trying to upload custom graffiti too? Make sure you login first. Then you can upload graffiti

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#3 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 am

Omg thank you so much for telling me how to unlock the browser! It's late here, so I will try tomorrow.

Thank you!

And when you say login, I'm assuming on both seganet.dreampipe.net/index.html and jetgrindradio.dreampipe.net/home.html ? because nothing happens when I log into seganet

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#4 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:52 am

Hm, holding A+start 9 times didn't do anything. Along with a bunch of other combinations, but B+start gets me to bookmarks and from there, I just added the image URL, and went there. But it only loaded a white screen. I know I saved the image as "Baseline DCT" so I'm wondering if something got changed to "progressive" after its uploaded to imgur and it's not being displayed correctly?
It's really late here, will try again some other time, and I appreciate the help.

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#5 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Xiden wrote:

I haven't tried custom images yet but ill try tomorrow. I believe you must use the jet set radio browser to surf to your image. You will most likely have to unlock the browser url bar first. Hold a + press start 9 times. Then highlight url bar at bottom of screen and press X+A. Then enter url of your image. Highlight with arrow and press X+A over image to download it to vmu.

Are you trying to upload custom graffiti too? Make sure you login first. Then you can upload graffiti

I am following the directions to a T, but for the life of me, I cannot find out how to open the in-game web browser (start and A 9x does not do anything). I must be missing something. But I have made some minor progress I think. According to this site: http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/php ... fe1b#81798

I should be able to save images from XDP, so I loaded it up, but I noticed I can't view any websites that use the "https" in the url, so only basic html stuff loads. I found an image which I tried to save to my VMU as a test (the image with "below is an example of a simple page" ) but I cant save anything by pressing/holding x+a..

One last thing I noticed was a section in PlanetWeb where you can transfer files "to your web area using FTP" (I attached a pic) is this a viable method? I also have one those vmus that connects to a PC, but I don't have the cable or any software. I'm kinda all over the place, if anyone has successfully done this after 2012 lol, please chime in if you can spare the time to help a noob.

Thank you for reading.
Attachments
IMG_20190409_144224943_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190408_231527950_HDR.jpg
vmu.jpg

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:21 pm

ERVOSCV wrote:
Xiden wrote:

I am following the directions to a T, but for the life of me, I cannot find out how to open the in-game web browser (start and A 9x does not do anything). I must be missing something. But I have made some minor progress I think. According to this site: http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/php ... fe1b#81798

I should be able to save images from XDP, so I loaded it up, but I noticed I can't view any websites that use the "https" in the url, so only basic html stuff loads. I found an image which I tried to save to my VMU as a test (the image with "below is an example of a simple page" ) but I cant save anything by pressing/holding x+a..

One last thing I noticed was a section in PlanetWeb where you can transfer files "to your web area using FTP" (I attached a pic) is this a viable method? I also have one those vmus that connects to a PC, but I don't have the cable or any software. I'm kinda all over the place, if anyone has successfully done this after 2012 lol, please chime in if you can spare the time to help a noob.

Thank you for reading.

Are you holding down the A button while tapping the start button? Just making sure you aren't doing it in reverse. Then over the url banner on the bottom u must press X+A and url menu should pop up. Ill try to get u screen shot tomorrow

Xiden
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:28 pm

If that doesn't work that maybe due to your version being dreamkey, though Im fairly certain it should work on dreamkey too. If not we will have to mod the website to link to google or something.

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#8 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:05 pm

Xiden wrote:
ERVOSCV wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Are you holding down the A button while tapping the start button? Just making sure you aren't doing it in reverse. Then over the url banner on the bottom u must press X+A and url menu should pop up. Ill try to get u screen shot tomorrow

Well, now I feel extra nooby, because I've been looking at the top... Super busy rn, may be able to try for a bit later tonight. Kinda unrelated, but I bought the DreamPi mainly for this endeavor (and PSO & any FPS, still hoping Unreal Tournament may one day be up) because I know these new servers and everything won't last forever (...or maybeeee :D ) and to have some of my own art on my VMU in 2019 would be insane to me. I will update later on, thanks again.

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#9 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:01 am

Xiden wrote:
ERVOSCV wrote:

It took forever, but I finally got a sample up and working. To access the in game browser, you have to hold A and press start 9 times and press Y (I mashed in frustration 2x and this is all I can say) Thank you so much for the help. This was just a test, now I can have some fun with this on my spare time.

https://i.imgur.com/jvEtXVh.gifv

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#10 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:16 pm

Nice