Gdemu Renaming titles

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Gdemu Renaming titles

Post#1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:20 am

Hi there !

I have recently installed a clone-gdemu. It works like a charm with a 128 gb micro sd card (evo sony).

I have this problem thou: i do have severals emulator images as well and they all show up with the title "bootdreams" if i remember correctly. I have been looking for a way to rename theese titles in the gdmenu.

After som searching i found out one way to do this, and that is via the prohram "sd card maker". Now with this knowledge i have a problem. I have downloaded several different zip files containing this program and every time i have unpacked the game files and opens the folder i see the .exe file for a 2-3 secs then it dissapears ?! And if i manage to double click it before it magically disapears the windows tells me the file is not available.

Can someine please point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance :)

wanos463
rebel

Re: Gdemu Renaming titles

Post#2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:18 am

It sounds like your anti virus falsely flagging the exe as a virus/trojan and then deleting or quarantining the file.

Either change permissions in your anti virus software to allow the exe file or turn it off when trying to use it.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#3 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:49 pm

I actually tried to exclude the file without any sucsess, but after you posted thisbi thoight i might as well try to unistall the antivirus.

And now it works, thanks a lot mate !

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#4 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:25 am

So , the sd card maker works now, and i edited the names of the titles thst shows like "bootdreams" etc and saved.

In the sd card maker program it shows the right names (the one i edited) but after putting the card in the gdemu the names are just the same as before.

Did someone here succeed in changing the titles and if so, what version did you use of sdcard maker ? Or maybe there is another way?

Help with this issue would be really appreciated , as for now its impossoble to see in the list (when i turn on the dreamcast) what is what :(

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#5 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Latest SD card maker, when it asks to customize say yes then click ok when done.

Zero1219
shadow

Post#6 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:43 am

I just posted this elsewhere also but when I click Save I don't get that option.
My "Menu" checkbox is grayed out and I can't do anything. It used to work just fine but now all of a sudden it won't let me use it no matter what I do. driving me crazy.

Zero1219
shadow

Post#7 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:50 pm

UPDATE....
I solved it, for me at least. It was Norton antivirus.
whenever i would open sd card maker the first time it would eliminate a program. So i have to go back and restore it and exclude it from being deleted in the future. heres some screenshots. I truly hope it helps someone.
Drove me insane last night. https://imgur.com/gallery/4JH1QM4

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:03 pm

You could remake the emulator images and use the ip-builder to change the names be a bit of work