alien front online burned, too much noises

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sega RPG

alien front online burned, too much noises

Post#1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:26 am

hi everybody,
so, yesterday we spent the whole evening trying to get afo online without connection errors, honestly it was easy as 1-2-3 but we (i) kept misleading that ip adress, anyway now everything seems to work as expected.

the game is playing fine but i do hear too much noise from the laser, and that means heavy load on that. I burned my copy with the usual dj and 4x speed, so now my question is : i should try another iso or it's just afo which has a bad rip?

before you ask, yes it's already in my buying list...

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Re: alien front online burned, too much noises

Post#2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:03 am

There was 2 or 3 types of isos around on net. I dont remember which it was the best one. Also if use any cheap cd-r that will be problem. Try to find Verbatim Azo Crystal or Taiyo Yuden i think is the best for copies.

Sega RPG

Post#3 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:55 am

my disc was an imation one, now i have some sony disc, and will try with isos from emuparadise... :)

TacT
Uber

Post#4 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:03 pm

There is a BAD IMAGE of AFO Floating around out there, It is not compiled correctly DO NOT USE IT, it takes forever to load and constantly grinds/seeks back and forth during gameplay.
If you find this copy please inform the people distributing it that it is bad and should be deleted forever from existence.

it's still thinking.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:23 pm

The only AFO CDI I have seen is from DCHQ (is that ex-DCRes, the NFO was familiar)

Sega RPG

Post#6 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:22 am

TacT wrote:There is a BAD IMAGE of AFO Floating around out there, It is not compiled correctly DO NOT USE IT, it takes forever to load and constantly grinds/seeks back and forth during gameplay.
If you find this copy please inform the people distributing it that it is bad and should be deleted forever from existence.

well is maybe the echelon one?because it's one of the image i found...

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#7 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:00 am

247 wrote:
TacT wrote:There is a BAD IMAGE of AFO Floating around out there, It is not compiled correctly DO NOT USE IT, it takes forever to load and constantly grinds/seeks back and forth during gameplay.

well is maybe the echelon one?because it's one of the image i found...

Echelon... I will try to find a copy of mine to send you if you want.

Sega RPG

Post#8 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:10 am

i have found another copy, it's just a rar archive and i still should see what's inside, but if you'll send me yours i will be glad :)

Sega RPG

Post#9 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:33 am

so, burned the other copy. the game is grinding during loading times but it's not grinding at all during matches, while the other one was, so i assume this is the right iso?

ac3t1ne
rebel

Post#10 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:01 am

I can only find the Echelon copy online apart from dead links.. Could anyone please pm me a copy of the DCHQ one, (or another one that doesn't thrash the laser?).