A lot of coasters have been made...

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Re: A lot of coasters have been made...

Post#11 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:46 pm

try 120% Alcohol Free Edition, that always works for me. discjuggler never worked for me

it comes with this program called "smart file advisor" which is non-malicious it just remains open and does nothing pretty much, so don't worry
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:35 am

There's such thing as Alcohol free now? Bonkers

Ew Sonies def I would Amazon some Verbatims

billythegrape
rebel

Post#13 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:40 am

Trying the IMGBurn from DCLive now. DLed Alcohol. Last ditch will be verbatim. Sony's discs seem to last longer.

billythegrape
rebel

Post#14 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:18 pm

DCLive IMGBurn made coasters. Alcohol made coasters. Ordered verbatims from amazon, but I seriously doubt they will make a difference. Any other ideas while I wait for prime?

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#15 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:32 pm

try another burner, i had one internal burner that was a coaster printer, used an external one and it works everytime. IMGburn never worked for me either

try setting the record mode to "TAO" on 120% Alcohol and the write speed to x16

what are you trying to burn? sometimes like with the old echelon CDIs from the early 2000s they have a hard time booting

last ditch effort could be extracting the CDI and using the "CDRecord" option in bootdreams, or try the "IMGRecord" option which AFAIK doesn't require extracting but i've never used it before.

a proper burn with CDRecord i've found to perform a lot better in terms of time it takes to boot the game, seems like the laser has an easier time. but making your own CDs is kind of advanced with making sure the LBA value is correct for what CDRecord expects, but generally newer CDIs have this taken care of

eventually you'll get it working
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#16 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:53 pm

I'll also say try a different burner. I can use the exact same burning software on the exact same settings with the exact same brand discs and the ones from my desktop burner simply will not work but my laptop will burn them perfectly fine.

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#17 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:10 pm

Did you install the dreamcast patch that came with the download? Make sure verify and test mode are not checked in imgburn.
Does your dreamcast play burned games? Some dreamcasts do not
Italian Stallion

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:15 pm

He can play burns

The rev2 casts are the only ones with MIL-CD support slashed and apparently they're damn rare xD

billythegrape
rebel

Post#19 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:53 am

Ya I can play burns. Shit, I dunno if I have another burner. I think I may have used an older laptop for the older burns I have. Dunno which burn program I used, but I think the files may have been from snesorama or something. Will try the older laptop, I still have it luckily.

billythegrape
rebel

Post#20 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:56 am

I know when I dled them they were labeled "self boot" because I used to use utopia 6 or 7 years ago. Also, I had utopia and several utopia based games on verbatim discs, but they no longer worked so I chucked them. In fact, that's why i bought the Sony discs, because that spindle of verbatims was making coasters for my Saturn and 3do.