A lot of coasters have been made...

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

billythegrape
rebel

A lot of coasters have been made...

Post#1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:21 pm

...and I am normally damn good at this. Trying to show my kids HOTD2 and other light gun games. I have good CDIs, but no matter what I do I am making coasters. Tried IMGburn, DJ, etc. Tried burning Utopia and it won't read that either. Slow speeds, good quality media. My other "self-boot" backups work great, every time, as well as the slew of factory copies I own. WTF am I doing wrong? I still have 40 or so CDRs, so am willing to try some shit.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: A lot of coasters have been made...

Post#2 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:46 pm

Welcome dewd

Everyone swears by slow wimpy speed? But both my casts need fast writes!

My DJ settings were a little off on my last setup but thank ye TEAMCAST for his guide! Refined them a bit as you see above

billythegrape
rebel

Post#3 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Ok, trying right now with the settings above. Will post results.

billythegrape
rebel

Post#4 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Another damn coaster. What now?

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#5 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:52 pm

From my experience, it also depends on the disc brand/batch/whatever the actual difference is between them. I can burn the same image on the same PC with the same software with the same settings on 2 different brand CD-Rs and one would play perfectly, the other not even get recognised by the same DC.

So maybe try a different brand CD.

billythegrape
rebel

Post#6 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Damnit. I was hoping to not hear that. I have approximately 47 million sony cdrs and 0 other brands. Any other ideas before I buy more coasters? These discs work perfectly on saturn, 3do, etc...

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#7 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:46 pm

If you can, buy just 1 CD locally (I know that's probably more expencive per CD) of various brands and see if those make a difference.

From what I know, DiscJuggler was best on Win XP, IMGburn is better for Win 7 (dunno about 8 or 10).

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#8 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Verbatim discs always works for me. I use the burn software from Dreamcast-Live. It works great as it reduced my coaster output while burning at x8.

Sorry, I had to fire DiscJuggler and Nero to reduce my coaster output...lol.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

billythegrape
rebel

Post#9 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:36 pm

Where on their website did you find that?

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#10 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:18 pm

go to the talk foums here where the live chat window is then click on the dreamcast live connection guide link right above dcnow. Then choose downloads and then img burn. download that and instructions are in there
Italian Stallion