GTA2 CDI Glitch?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

GTA2 CDI Glitch?

Post#1 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:43 pm

i've been playing GTA2 from CDR lately, and i noticed something that seems like it could be a CDR glitch

whenever you get into a car, the radio starts from the same point every time. there's a few stations that play in certain cars, for example sports cars will have one station, trucks will have another station, etc. but each station starts from the same point every time. after awhile, it becomes kind of annoying to hear the same thing over and over (you steal a lot of cars after all). i just can't see the devs leaving this in the game intentionally

PC version doesn't seem to do this as much, if at all

if anyone has a legit GD-ROM copy of GTA2, could you load it up and test if this happens on retail?

----
also GTA2 is really awesome if anyone was looking for "hidden gems" or a new dreamcast game to play. just make sure you got 95 free blocks of memory
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Re: GTA2 CDI Glitch?

Post#2 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:21 am

There was a thread about this last November, but I'm not sure if those guys had tried to GD or just CDI.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10667&hilit=gta
aka DavidHK on DC games.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Re: GTA2 CDI Glitch?

Post#3 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:29 pm

it's a bug in the game. what you can do is sit in the car for a long time and after the radio has run it's course it seems fixed for all new cars until you die I think, or definitely if you power the system off.