Arcade stick defect pcb?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Feffe
noob

Arcade stick defect pcb?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:19 am

Hello. I have two arcade sticks with sanwa stick and buttons.
The one I am using is having problem, for example in virtua tennis it scrolls very fast all the time at the start menu and in some other games the character moves by themself and in the main dreamcast menu up is not working.
Replaced the pcb from another dreamcast stick and it was working for some weeks then the same problem.
Do I have two defect pcb now? Neither pcb works with this stick or one with original stick and buttons.
Now I am afraid to use the other one if this happens again and am I completely without.

How can it be fixed?
Is there another pcb that can work with this.
Can it be the sanwa stick that destroys the pcb? I have not read any other having problems with sanwa parts in their dreamcast arcade sticks. Thanks

krssn
Metallic

Re: Arcade stick defect pcb?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Sticks and buttons just open and close a circuit afaik.

I don't think they can kill your PCB.

Make sure the connections are clean and firm.

Clean the clickers with contact spray.

Feffe
noob

Post#3 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Thats what I thought, but the fact that the original and untouched stick has the same problem makes me worry.
The board looks fine and all connections looks ok to my knowledge.

Feffe
noob

Post#4 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:25 am

It is one stick that has this problems. Happened on two consoles and when I plug it in now without the stick and button cable it stills scrolls in the menu and in games. Up seems to be on all the time and scrolls fast eventuellt without the cable connected