Wiring diagram for MadCatz Panther DC stick?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

3DBB
shadow

Re: Wiring diagram for MadCatz Panther DC stick?

Post#11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:54 pm

krssn wrote:Does anything stop the scrolling down, if even momentarily? Like pushing down on the little direction pads in the stick? Does moving the stick itself up or down stop the scrolling? The latter could be a maladjusted potentiometer in the stick mechanism...

Did anything change at all after soldering on this wire?...

If I push up on the switch, it'll go up, but immediately jump back down. Even if I hold it up.

Nothing changed after soldering, so I probably just broke that wire off as I was taking it apart.

Going out of town tomorrow for a week, will pick up some contact cleaner and hit it again when I get back.

3DBB
shadow

Re: Wiring diagram for MadCatz Panther DC stick?

Post#12 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:48 am

Checked it with a multimeter. Everything is fine at the switch itself. All four directions go from high resistance (~1kOhm) to closed circuit when pressed. Yet, when plugged into the Dreamcast, it acts like "Down" is being continuously pressed. Will next test it with the stick plugged in, maybe the problem is in the connector?