my tv has started stretching the image all of a sudden

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

gjb1985
drunken sailor

my tv has started stretching the image all of a sudden

Post#1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:57 am

I use vga box, since recently putting in rez I think, the vertical image is now stretched below what I can see. I can't find any option in my tv settings (samsung) to change the ratio of this. any help?

Xiden
Developer

Re: my tv has started stretching the image all of a sudden

Post#2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:40 pm

On the TV you should be able to select "Screen Fit" to get it all on the screen. If not it could be either an issue with the vga box or the software having bad code in it. Since its a indie game there may not be much that can be done other than contacting the Dev's if Screen fit doesnt fix your issue.

Do other games stretch below screen?

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#3 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:37 am

the screen-fit option is grayed out unfortunately.

rez is an indie game?

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:14 am

gjb1985 wrote:the screen-fit option is grayed out unfortunately.

rez is an indie game?

oh wait I guess it isnt a indie game lol my bad. Confused it with something else I think.
Read something on cnet that it may have to do with screen resolutions not offering that option. For example 480i/480p could be blocked :( So maybe have to run it through an upscaler like a Framemeister.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#5 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:59 am

the weird thing is all my dreamcast games are now stretched. definitely not a resolution thing since my tv says 480p and all my games used to work before.

krssn
Metallic

Post#6 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Try your setup on a different screen. If the problem still occurs, you can rule out the TV being the problem. Having doubles of consoles or cables is also handy for testing purposes...