[USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum
User avatar
Xiden
Resident Evil
Posts: 1793

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#181 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:11 pm

Pseudopod52 wrote:Downloaded several images from TruRip. They all worked beautifully. Thanks everybody for the help. BTW
my drive is still at 32k clusters. Seem to fine or should I reformat at 64k?


Not sure if it alters performance any, but if it works id just keep it as is

Pseudopod52
shadow
Posts: 11

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#182 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:19 am

After successfully setting up my USB-GDROM with the help of forum members, I have the following observations:

1. USB drive must be formatted FAT32, cluster size not really important. Mine is 32k right now. In general smaller cluster sizes maximize disk space usage at the expense of speed.
2. The order of the files in the folder does not matter as long as all the files specified by the gdi file are present. Can open gdi file with notepad to read contents.
3. There is no need to format under Win 7 as one post suggested. I formatted mine under Win XP.

Pseudopod52
shadow
Posts: 11

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#183 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 am

Is it necessary to mitigate increased heat by either installing a resistor or a Pico PSU or something similar?

User avatar
Xiden
Resident Evil
Posts: 1793

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#184 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:08 am

Pseudopod52 wrote:Is it necessary to mitigate increased heat by either installing a resistor or a Pico PSU or something similar?


I would just to prolong the dreamcast life. The resistor is super easy "plug-n-play" install

Pseudopod52
shadow
Posts: 11

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#185 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:26 am

Xiden wrote:
Pseudopod52 wrote:Is it necessary to mitigate increased heat by either installing a resistor or a Pico PSU or something similar?


I would just to prolong the dreamcast life. The resistor is super easy "plug-n-play" install


I'll do that then. I already bought the resistor. Should have watched the video on this site before my failed first attempt.

boquetipo
noob
Posts: 2

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#186 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:41 pm


User avatar
RetrogamerX
rebel
Posts: 15

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#187 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:35 am

New firmware for USB GDRom released. I wonder if he took out the time bomb? Still I think everyone that has a usb gdrom should update.

https://yadi.sk/d/p6OCgBjII7YBXA

User avatar
Xiden
Resident Evil
Posts: 1793

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#188 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 am

RetrogamerX wrote:New firmware for USB GDRom released. I wonder if he took out the time bomb? Still I think everyone that has a usb gdrom should update.

https://yadi.sk/d/p6OCgBjII7YBXA


Yes he did take time bomb out with latest firmware. I contacted Mnemo yesterday about it.

User avatar
RetrogamerX
rebel
Posts: 15

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#189 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:19 am

Xiden wrote:
RetrogamerX wrote:New firmware for USB GDRom released. I wonder if he took out the time bomb? Still I think everyone that has a usb gdrom should update.

https://yadi.sk/d/p6OCgBjII7YBXA


Yes he did take time bomb out with latest firmware. I contacted Mnemo yesterday about it.


Well he says that but how do we know for sure? I guess we need some proof?

User avatar
Xiden
Resident Evil
Posts: 1793

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#190 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:15 pm

RetrogamerX wrote:
Xiden wrote:
RetrogamerX wrote:New firmware for USB GDRom released. I wonder if he took out the time bomb? Still I think everyone that has a usb gdrom should update.

https://yadi.sk/d/p6OCgBjII7YBXA


Yes he did take time bomb out with latest firmware. I contacted Mnemo yesterday about it.


Well he says that but how do we know for sure? I guess we need some proof?


No way to really know unless we see some obsolete messages appear. Just have to take his word for it for now.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users