[USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#141 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Nodoyuna wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Nodoyuna wrote:Hi
I'm having problems with the game 4 Wheel Thunder and USB-GDROM unit
When I run it, it stays at a black screen. It does show the Dreamcast logo at startup, then the Sega copyright screen and after that, the screen stays black all the time
I'm using TOSEC GDI version in both NTSC-U and PAL regions, but they don't work
I have the latest firmware installed and the launch dashboard.iso at the root of the unit
Other games do work fine, so I think it's a problem with the game or the ISO
Can somebody try the game and check if that's a general problem?
If it's a compability issue, maybe mnemo could make a fix for it
Thanks in advance

Try downloading the TruRip version instead :)

Hi
I've tried the Trurip version with the same result... It stays at a black screen

EDIT: Found out the game has region blocking code on it. Turn Region Free off in the Menu before booting the game and it works! Japanese Consoles will not work with the game at all, you'll need a CDI version thats patched. FYI I used the TRURIP version USA

Nodoyuna
shadow

Post#142 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 am

Xiden wrote:
Nodoyuna wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Try downloading the TruRip version instead :)

Hi
I've tried the Trurip version with the same result... It stays at a black screen

EDIT: Found out the game has region blocking code on it. Turn Region Free off in the Menu before booting the game and it works! Japanese Consoles will not work with the game at all, you'll need a CDI version thats patched. FYI I used the TRURIP version USA

I'm out of luck, as I'm using a Japanese console... I've tried witht the region free setting to OFF and instead of having a black screen, it gives the Dreamcast system menu, so definitely the region free setting in OFF does something different at least...

Is it possible to patch the GDI version? Do you know where to get a CDI patched version?

Thanks in advance

Xiden
Developer

Post#143 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 am

Nodoyuna wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Nodoyuna wrote:
Hi

I'm out of luck, as I'm using a Japanese console... I've tried witht the region free setting to OFF and instead of having a black screen, it gives the Dreamcast system menu, so definitely the region free setting in OFF does something different at least...

Is it possible to patch the GDI version? Do you know where to get a CDI patched version?

Thanks in advance

You are in luck, I do have a cdi that comes bundled with a patch you can run on it for Japanese systems.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Click on DecRes tab -> click 1st mega link for 4 wheel thunder.

Extract it, and then copy the patcher file and patcher.exe file in the same directory as your cdi. Run the patch and then you should be good to go.

Xiden
Developer

Post#144 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:27 am

Nodoyuna wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Nodoyuna wrote:
Hi

Thanks in advance

Oh something else to try.. with gdi...

Turn region switch off
Do a disc swap with code breakers to run 4 wheel thunder. I think that might work too.

Nodoyuna
shadow

Post#145 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:45 am

Xiden wrote:
Nodoyuna wrote:
Xiden wrote:

Thanks in advance

You are in luck, I do have a cdi that comes bundled with a patch you can run on it for Japanese systems.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Click on DecRes tab -> click 1st mega link for 4 wheel thunder.

Extract it, and then copy the patcher file and patcher.exe file in the same directory as your cdi. Run the patch and then you should be good to go.

Hi
I've tried the DC-RES version with the patch applied and it does work!!
Now I'm looking for a CDI of DC-X loader to check the GDI version
Thanks a lot for the help

Nodoyuna
shadow

Post#146 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:54 am

Xiden wrote:
Nodoyuna wrote:
Xiden wrote:

Thanks in advance

Turn region switch off
Do a disc swap with code breakers to run 4 wheel thunder. I think that might work too.

Hi
I've also tried the Code Breaker trick and it also works!!
This is great... I'm trying to check all my GDI images with USB-GDROM and now I have a good trick to try problematic images
I'm a bit novice regarding Dreamcast, so this trick will be a great help
Thanks again!!

Xiden
Developer

Post#147 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:29 am

Nodoyuna wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Nodoyuna wrote:

Thanks in advance

Turn region switch off

Hi
I've also tried the Code Breaker trick and it also works!!
This is great... I'm trying to check all my GDI images with USB-GDROM and now I have a good trick to try problematic images
I'm a bit novice regarding Dreamcast, so this trick will be a great help
Thanks again!!

I know Street Fighter IX For Matching Service had some issues with USA Dreamcasts. I remember someone telling me that turning Region Switch off and Disc swap with that fixed it :)
But Since you have a Japanese Unit that game will work with Region off and no disc swap :)

SA8TER21
noob

Post#148 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:18 am

So I got my USBGDROM like 2 days ago. Got everything working except disc swap. It swaps the discs after I open and close the lid it goes to the bios screen. If i hit play it will go to next disc but that's not now how its suppose to work right?

Xiden
Developer

Post#149 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:27 am

SA8TER21 wrote:So I got my USBGDROM like 2 days ago. Got everything working except disc swap. It swaps the discs after I open and close the lid it goes to the bios screen. If i hit play it will go to next disc but that's not now how its suppose to work right?

On the Menu Press X on the game you want to swap to and then Press A on the game you want to start with. So if you want to run for example D2 Disc 2 and Disc 1. Press X on Disc 2 first, then press A on Disc 1. Open and Close the Lid to Swap discs.

qerw
noob

Post#150 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi I have a question. Recently I bought a GDEMU (SD Reader) and it's in on the way and I have doubts now. I read that If you remove the GDROM Unit, the PSU it gets warmer... The question is, is it necessary change the PSU and put a external one? Thanks!