Page 12 of 25

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:29 pm
by Xiden
jcreazy wrote:
Xiden wrote:
jcreazy wrote:Hello everyone. I seem to be having the same issue as mxpx78. When selecting the update, the screen just says "Firmware Update..." forever and doesn't actually do anything. The light on my drive goes off after a few seconds which means it isn't reading anything off the drive anymore. Has anyone been successful in updating? I guess I really don't need to but I kind of want the black background.


You might try a different usb drive and see if that works



That did the trick. It's nuts how picky this thing is.

Also, there is a recycle bin file and system volume information folder on my external drive. I am guessing those have to be there? They won't go away if I try to delete them in Windows.


Mine always has system vol info. Guess it depends on the drive manufacturer but they are always at the bottom of my list

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:17 pm
by cricci121
Has anyone used the "You will sent me payment without Paypall fee" option? I assume it is sending the payment to him as friend and family and thus losing the ability to get the protection, but was wondering if anyone has been screwed over in any way by this. I will be ordering it today, just wondering if the other option is worth the $45 difference.

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:35 pm
by RXShorty
Well I orded it from NEMO without issues :)

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 pm
by Xiden
cricci121 wrote:Has anyone used the "You will sent me payment without Paypall fee" option? I assume it is sending the payment to him as friend and family and thus losing the ability to get the protection, but was wondering if anyone has been screwed over in any way by this. I will be ordering it today, just wondering if the other option is worth the $45 difference.


Ive never had issues with mnemo but just keep in mind it could take a few weeks to get your order (depends on his stock level) but he will get it to you :)

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:44 pm
by Tzakiel
Does anyone have a working usb gdrom image of Densha De Go 2 kosoku-hen 3000? I can’t find anything in a format that works for usb gdrom. I have found a (redump, i think) GDI that didn’t work (it has a gdi file and 3 bins) and also a mdf/mds that I wasn’t sure how to make work either.

I’d be forever grateful if anyone has a working version of this game.

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:37 pm
by jcreazy
cricci121 wrote:Has anyone used the "You will sent me payment without Paypall fee" option? I assume it is sending the payment to him as friend and family and thus losing the ability to get the protection, but was wondering if anyone has been screwed over in any way by this. I will be ordering it today, just wondering if the other option is worth the $45 difference.



I know you posted this awhile ago but that's how I did it and I got mine. He seems to be trustworthy.

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:38 pm
by jcreazy
Anybody know of a good flash drive that works with the USBGDROM? I have had nothing but issues with the Sandisk Cruzers.

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:43 pm
by Xiden
Tzakiel wrote:Does anyone have a working usb gdrom image of Densha De Go 2 kosoku-hen 3000? I can’t find anything in a format that works for usb gdrom. I have found a (redump, i think) GDI that didn’t work (it has a gdi file and 3 bins) and also a mdf/mds that I wasn’t sure how to make work either.

I’d be forever grateful if anyone has a working version of this game.


Check my archive link, should have a copy under trurip

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10412

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:44 pm
by Xiden
jcreazy wrote:Anybody know of a good flash drive that works with the USBGDROM? I have had nothing but issues with the Sandisk Cruzers.


I use the Sandisk Cruzer 128gb

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:00 am
by cricci121
jcreazy wrote:
cricci121 wrote:Has anyone used the "You will sent me payment without Paypall fee" option? I assume it is sending the payment to him as friend and family and thus losing the ability to get the protection, but was wondering if anyone has been screwed over in any way by this. I will be ordering it today, just wondering if the other option is worth the $45 difference.



I know you posted this awhile ago but that's how I did it and I got mine. He seems to be trustworthy.


Thanks! I got the PayPal notification on the 16th and just picked up a sports edition to do the usb-GDROM on. Just trying to figure out if I should just sell the white one now haha.