[USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Cyberonix
shadow

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#241 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Awesome! Glad it works!
Not sure in those specific games what dump they used.

I'm wondering if you download code breakers and disc swap with 001 if that will fix that particular version

You can get code breakers from here if you are interested in trying
https://psopalace.sylverant.net/downloa ... mcast.html

I was curious to compare my versions with the ones on the list you provided. While I only picked a few to check all my MD5 hashes matched the files you showed me. It was several years ago but if memory servers me correctly I have a 2013 trurip set so I'm guessing those are trurip versions as well.

Archvile82
noob

Post#242 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Just thought id let you guys know that the latest USB-GDROM is a new revision. Its a white pcb with a lot more resisters on it and feels better made.

I needed a new one as my old one died, it had a fault on it where it would hang on the dreamcast logo and after a few minutes would return to the menu screen. I was always able to work around this by unplugging it from the mains for 5 mins but this time it died completely. Funny enough it was like weeks after having a HDMI board fitted it gave up but its working lovely with the new drive.

Gotta send the other one back at some point to get it repaired or replaced but yeah thought i give a heads up on the new revision.

RetrogamerX
rebel

Post#243 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Archvile82 wrote:Just thought id let you guys know that the latest USB-GDROM is a new revision. Its a white pcb with a lot more resisters on it and feels better made.

I needed a new one as my old one died, it had a fault on it where it would hang on the dreamcast logo and after a few minutes would return to the menu screen. I was always able to work around this by unplugging it from the mains for 5 mins but this time it died completely. Funny enough it was like weeks after having a HDMI board fitted it gave up but its working lovely with the new drive.

Gotta send the other one back at some point to get it repaired or replaced but yeah thought i give a heads up on the new revision.

How do you know there is a new version? Any link for this info?

Archvile82
noob

Post#244 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:59 pm

I bought one to replace the faulty board. Its on a white pcb and has more resisters on it. Looks fair bit different to the original green pcb design.

Umbrella$$Dreamcast
undertow

Post#245 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:56 pm

great thing, still taking orders?

Greenelfo
noob

Post#246 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:37 pm

Xiden wrote:
Pseudopod52 wrote:megavolt85,
Thanks for your help. I'll try TOSEC.

viewtopic.php?t=10412

I recommend trurip. Above is the link to all the gdi magic you need.

Does this link work for anyone else? I get you are not authorised to view this content message.

I only just created an account BTW :roll:

Xiden
Developer

Post#247 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:26 am

Greenelfo wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Pseudopod52 wrote:megavolt85,
Thanks for your help. I'll try TOSEC.

viewtopic.php?t=10412

I recommend trurip. Above is the link to all the gdi magic you need.

Does this link work for anyone else? I get you are not authorised to view this content message.

I only just created an account BTW :roll:

You need to meet a certain posting threshold, sorry im not sure what it is though. What kinda rips you looking for?

Greenelfo
noob

Post#248 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:33 pm

I am able to view it now, all good. Thanks :D

Falthian
noob

Post#249 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:59 am

Hi everyone

So I'm wondering if anyone in here might be able to shed some light on the issue I'm having. I have a USB GDROM as well as a region-free BIOS installed, Japanese Cake version 1.031. It works perfectly fine, no issues at all. However, if I update to version 1.032, my USB GDROM no longer works, it just hangs after the Dreamcast splash screen and won't boot into the menu. I've spoken to a few others about this and their USB GDROM works perfectly fine with Japanese Cake v1.032 so I know it is possible, I'm just unsure as to why mine refuses to boot with that version installed but works perfectly fine with 1.031. I'm running the latest firmware on my USB GDROM dated 6/6/19 and I have a VA1 Dreamcast.

Thanks in advance!

MicMey
noob

Post#250 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:25 pm

Technically can you tell me the difference between putting a single resistor of 1 / 4w 330 ohm and putting 3 resistors of 1 / 4w 1K ohm, what is the difference and the best?

what is the best solution 1x 1/4w 330 ohm or 3x 1/4w 1K ohm ?