[USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RetrogamerX
rebel

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#191 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:28 pm

Xiden wrote:
RetrogamerX wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Yes he did take time bomb out with latest firmware. I contacted Mnemo yesterday about it.

Well he says that but how do we know for sure? I guess we need some proof?

No way to really know unless we see some obsolete messages appear. Just have to take his word for it for now.

This whole thing has upset me. How can we trust him that he took it out? We don’t know? I paid a lot of money for this thing and it might not work in the future.

I’m out. Im going for a gdemu now. I can’t trust someone that lies

Xiden
Developer

Post#192 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:40 pm

RetrogamerX wrote:
Xiden wrote:
RetrogamerX wrote:
Well he says that but how do we know for sure? I guess we need some proof?

No way to really know unless we see some obsolete messages appear. Just have to take his word for it for now.

This whole thing has upset me. How can we trust him that he took it out? We don’t know? I paid a lot of money for this thing and it might not work in the future.

I’m out. Im going for a gdemu now. I can’t trust someone that lies

He hasn't let me down yet. But I understand everyone's frustrations with it. Mnemo assured me its removed, he knows he messed up. With DCIO eventually coming out we will have even more potential options for ODEs. With USB-GDrom being his biggest seller I can't imagine him trying to keep the time bomb and be exposed a 2nd time. I don't think he saw it has a way to trick customers but instead as protective measure from Chinese clones.

Chaos-Zero
noob

Post#193 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi guys,

Im new here and bought a USBGDROM last year. I just (finally) installed it and checked with an usb stick and a hdd. The usb stick is working, but the HDD isnt. Its stuck at the Dreamcast logo. Now i see on the website of USBGDROM this: When use USB-GD internal with HDD- put this file to HDD
Since the link is not working i cant download the file and im not sure if that may the problem.

Is someone able to upload that file so i can give it a try?

Thanks in advance!

Xiden
Developer

Post#194 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Chaos-Zero wrote:Hi guys,

Im new here and bought a USBGDROM last year. I just (finally) installed it and checked with an usb stick and a hdd. The usb stick is working, but the HDD isnt. Its stuck at the Dreamcast logo. Now i see on the website of USBGDROM this: When use USB-GD internal with HDD- put this file to HDD
Since the link is not working i cant download the file and im not sure if that may the problem.

Thanks in advance!

You may need to email [email protected] Mnemo directly for a fresh copy of that file. If he sends you one, do you mind giving us a copy to put on this site? Unfortunately I don't have any HDD drives to test with.

RetrogamerX
rebel

Post#195 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:59 am

Thanks in advance!

All you have to do is right click and where is says "this file" right click "save link as" and there you go.

Thank me later ;)

Chaos-Zero
noob

Post#196 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:48 pm

RetrogamerX wrote:

Thanks in advance!

All you have to do is right click and where is says "this file" right click "save link as" and there you go.

Thank me later ;)

That worked indeed. But unfortunately the hdd still wont boot. Is it correct that the file is only 1kb?

RetrogamerX
rebel

Post#197 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:59 pm

Chaos-Zero wrote:
RetrogamerX wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Thank me later ;)

That worked indeed. But unfortunately the hdd still wont boot. Is it correct that the file is only 1kb?

Yes. Maybe try a different hdd

Greg2600
dark night

Post#198 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:20 pm

I just updated the firmware, and it seemed to work. The menu is working, but now if I try to load a game, nothing happens. The system just freezes. I reformatted the USB stick and whatnot, same thing is happening.

Greg2600
dark night

Post#199 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:29 pm

Updated my firmware, now it won't load any games. It just hangs on the menu when I hit A. Had to email mnemo. Wonderful.

Xiden
Developer

Post#200 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:10 am

Greg2600 wrote:Updated my firmware, now it won't load any games. It just hangs on the menu when I hit A. Had to email mnemo. Wonderful.

I have latest and it works for me. Was your previous firmware super old?