[USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Greg2600
dark night

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#201 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:54 am

Xiden wrote:
Greg2600 wrote:Updated my firmware, now it won't load any games. It just hangs on the menu when I hit A. Had to email mnemo. Wonderful.

I have latest and it works for me. Was your previous firmware super old?

It may have been. I haven't updated it in a long time, although why should that matter?

Xiden
Developer

Post#202 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:44 am

Greg2600 wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Greg2600 wrote:Updated my firmware, now it won't load any games. It just hangs on the menu when I hit A. Had to email mnemo. Wonderful.

It may have been. I haven't updated it in a long time, although why should that matter?

Someone else had an issue where they skipped multiple firmware updates and going to latest caused them issues too. Mnemo was able to fix it for them though. Just curious if that was your situation too.

Xiden
Developer

Post#203 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:47 am

RXShorty wrote:Thanks!
Tomorrow I will update the post with the heating issues.
I will add the picopsu and the ressistor option :)

Probably need to add if updating really old firmware to contact mnemo first to troubleshooting section.

Xiden
Developer

Post#204 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:48 am

Greg2600 wrote:
Xiden wrote:

Just as an idea, have you tried reinstalling the same firmware update again? The OP has a hotfix you could try too if you want.

Greg2600
dark night

Post#205 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:44 am

Xiden wrote:Someone else had an issue where they skipped multiple firmware updates and going to latest caused them issues too. Mnemo was able to fix it for them though. Just curious if that was your situation too.

I'm sure I skipped several firmware iterations. The hotfix does nothing. I believe he prevents older firmware/fixes from having any affect, simply by checking a version or whatever.

Greg2600
dark night

Post#206 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:52 pm

MNEMO responded today with a "special update" file, and started the DC with that on the USB and now games are loading again.

Xiden
Developer

Post#207 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:23 pm

Greg2600 wrote:MNEMO responded today with a "special update" file, and started the DC with that on the USB and now games are loading again.

Awesome! If you dont mind and get a chance do you mind uploading that file to this thread? I can add it to the archive.

chingy213
noob

Post#208 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:17 am

Hi All
having issues trying to install latest firmware
for dreamcast GDROM
This is the error
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFGCecl-kZ0

Xiden
Developer

Post#209 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:20 pm

chingy213 wrote:Hi All
having issues trying to install latest firmware
for dreamcast GDROM
This is the error
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFGCecl-kZ0

If you jump multiple firmwares up you'll encounter issues. You'll need to message [email protected] for a custom firmware update. Let him know about the issue

Greg2600
dark night

Post#210 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:47 am

Xiden wrote:
Greg2600 wrote:MNEMO responded today with a "special update" file, and started the DC with that on the USB and now games are loading again.

Awesome! If you dont mind and get a chance do you mind uploading that file to this thread? I can add it to the archive.

There it is. Honestly I'm looking to sell my USB-GDR DC and keep my GDEMU DC, so I wanted to have it up to date.
Attachments
special update.rar
mnemo firmware fix
(353.27 KiB) Downloaded 331 times