Internet Setup Issues (DMZed and still having connection problems on DreamPi)

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Re: Internet Setup Issues (DMZed and still having connection problems on DreamPi)

Post#11 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm

also try dmz'ing, or port forwarding, one at at time, not both at the same time
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

namine207
core

Re: Internet Setup Issues (DMZed and still having connection problems on DreamPi)

Post#12 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:43 pm

Just tried, unfortunately same results :( Is there a chance that me using the Earthcall autoconnect disk for Planet Ring would mess it up? If I understand correctly the Dreampi reroutes everything to the correct server anyways but figured I’d mention that’s what I’m currently usingz

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:56 am

I believe so it does

I use the other Planet Ring upload @ TiZ and she's perfect full effect =}

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#14 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:41 am

namine207 wrote:Is there a chance that me using the Earthcall autoconnect disk for Planet Ring would mess it up?

Yes, that disc is old and points to a non-existent sever. If you need a boot disc, just use Codebreaker.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

namine207
core

Post#15 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:37 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
namine207 wrote:Is there a chance that me using the Earthcall autoconnect disk for Planet Ring would mess it up?

Yes, that disc is old and points to a non-existent sever. If you need a boot disc, just use Codebreaker.

Just got vanilla Planet Ring running on my dreamcast and it boots up perfectly! The only issues I seem to be having now are that Next Tetris says it can't verify my account, and DC Now still isn't doing anything. XD But I'm not too too worried about DC Now, if it means I can get games running.

Edit: And I did set my DNS to 0.0.0.0 via XDP browser, it automatically changes it to say "Automatic", is this something I should be worried about?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#16 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:49 pm

namine207 wrote:The only issues I seem to be having now are that Next Tetris says it can't verify my account, and DC Now still isn't doing anything. XD But I'm not too too worried about DC Now, if it means I can get games running.

For Tetris, did you use "pass" as the password? It won't work with anything else.

As for DC Now, I have to assume it's something to do with the updates and manual modifications you did to DreamPi to get it to work. You shouldn't need to do all that. It sounds like you might have a bad SD card or something that corrupted some files.

namine207 wrote:Edit: And I did set my DNS to 0.0.0.0 via XDP browser, it automatically changes it to say "Automatic", is this something I should be worried about?

I don't remember it doing that when I configured it but I usually use PlanetWeb myself. It shouldn't matter regardless since DreamPi takes care of the DNS routing. It ignores anything you put in on the Dreamcast.
PSO Characters:

namine207
core

Post#17 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:00 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
namine207 wrote:The only issues I seem to be having now are that Next Tetris says it can't verify my account, and DC Now still isn't doing anything. XD But I'm not too too worried about DC Now, if it means I can get games running.

For Tetris, did you use "pass" as the password? It won't work with anything else.

As for DC Now, I have to assume it's something to do with the updates and manual modifications you did to DreamPi to get it to work. You shouldn't need to do all that. It sounds like you might have a bad SD card or something that corrupted some files.

namine207 wrote:Edit: And I did set my DNS to 0.0.0.0 via XDP browser, it automatically changes it to say "Automatic", is this something I should be worried about?

I don't remember it doing that when I configured it but I usually use PlanetWeb myself. It shouldn't matter regardless since DreamPi takes care of the DNS routing. It ignores anything you put in on the Dreamcast.

Used pass and it worked!

So here's where this gets real weird. I went through every game and they all worked flawlessly, but decided to reinstall the Pi image on the SD card to get DC Now working. Now I have it reinstalled and didn't have to do anything to get the Dreampi stuff to start up. DC Now works. However, now the games don't connect. XD This is using the exact same router settings and game disks that enabled me to play every game perfectly moments ago when DC Now wasn't working.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#18 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Yeah, I would try a different SD Card. It seems like there might be something wrong with that one.
PSO Characters:

namine207
core

Post#19 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:54 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Yeah, I would try a different SD Card. It seems like there might be something wrong with that one.

Swapped SD cards and that did it! :D Nice and snappy DC Now with (it looks like) all online games running! :D Thank you so much PC and everyone else who posted in here!