GDemu non working anymore

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Tackskull
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online

GDemu non working anymore

Post by Tackskull »

I don't know what happened, but first open menu not working, than gdemu started non working sometimes, and now just doesn't work.

So if I put the dreamcast optical drive, the dreamcast orange light turn on, if I remove it and put the GDemu, the light doesn't turn on, like if is not getting the elecrticity.

Is there a way to resolve this? Maybe I just should get a terraonion mode?

livingonwheels
lithium

Re: GDemu non working anymore

Post by livingonwheels »

Have you tried another SD card? Same thing recently happened to mine, it just suddenly stopped working. Test it first with another SD card and a game or two. See if it boots up. I changed from one card manufacturer to another and my GDEMU sprung back to life. I've always had this issue with the GDEMU though, and I've had mine since launch about 10 years ago. I never have these issues with my MODE, but Terraonion seems to have abandoned it, with no further firmware updates. The GDEMU recently got VM2 support (automatically finds which virtual VMU has your save for a particular game). I wish MODE would implement that feature, but it doesn't seem like they will.