RGB fix, I need to identify a component!

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

gundstaff79
shadow

RGB fix, I need to identify a component!

Post#1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am

Hello. I'm trying to maintain my board, I have a problem with the RGB signal, there is no green signal. I did a continuity test and noticed that the problem is not with the Chip, it seems to be in a component that I believe to be a resistor, I have the service manual but I have knowledge on the subject and I cannot understand the schematic. I need to identify the component in the photo to try to buy another one. Does anyone know the specifications?
PHOTO

megavolt85
Developer

Re: RGB fix, I need to identify a component!

Post#2 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 am

is EMI filter
FK2125T186AL
MEM2012T10R0
ELKD180FA

MEM2012T10R0 datasheet

if you don’t need s-video, then you can take FL405 and replace the burned-out FL402 with it

gundstaff79
shadow

Post#3 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 pm

megavolt85 wrote:is EMI filter
FK2125T186AL
MEM2012T10R0
ELKD180FA

MEM2012T10R0 datasheet

if you don’t need s-video, then you can take FL405 and replace the burned-out FL402 with it

It seems more complicated than I thought, it doesn't seem like something easy to find. Can this type of component be soldered on any side or does it have one right side? I'll have to study about this. In fact I will use VGA and Scart, can I remove the one you mentioned? Thanks.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 pm

can be soldered on either side

gundstaff79
shadow

Post#5 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:35 pm

megavolt85 wrote:can be soldered on either side

I came back again to report that everything went well, despite my poor soldering skills, the filter change worked, now I have SCART and VGA with all the colors. You gave my dreams back, thank you from Brazil.

PHOTO FIX