im stumped GDEMU issues

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Re: im stumped GDEMU issues

Post#41 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:37 am

dreamcast459 wrote:
dave_van_damn wrote:I have a similar problem with my San Disk 256gb SC card (not micro - definitely an official card). Formatted it to FAT32, loaded games on but my GDemu clone won't recognise it so I'm back to using a 32gb card. Very frustrating.

do you still have the 256 gig card dave? if so give this a try use the madsheep sd card maker program you can find it here if you dont already have it https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... _madsheep/

anyhow download and install rufus then format the sd card to fat 32 with 32k cluster size then use the sd card maker program to load only 9 games the 10th game will be the gdmenu program once thats done load the sd card and try to see if the games boot, if they boot then put the sd card back in the pc and load one more game at a time till you get to the point where it refuses to load games then you will know how many games your gdemu can tolerate

Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestions but no dice. I've just double checked and its SD-XC card so maybe that's the issue. Drats.
aka DavidHK on DC games.

cypressRU
lithium

Post#42 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:48 pm

Last edited by cypressRU on Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cypressRU
lithium

Post#43 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:39 pm

You should use a program called GDEMU SD Maker instead, its less likely to fail

Sometimes when my stuff is being weird I just have to delete the ini on the root of the sd card. Like when I add new games or folders and they just don't show up. Hopefully that will be useful

Another time I had a similar issue to what you're describing, and somehow the folders were all renamed wrong so i had to manually go create "name.txt" files in each folder and fix the folder names

Sorry, I didn't realize how to edit comments until after posting this one

dreamcast459
dark night

Post#44 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:30 pm

cypressRU wrote:You should use a program called GDEMU SD Maker instead, its less likely to fail

Sometimes when my stuff is being weird I just have to delete the ini on the root of the sd card. Like when I add new games or folders and they just don't show up. Hopefully that will be useful

Another time I had a similar issue to what you're describing, and somehow the folders were all renamed wrong so i had to manually go create "name.txt" files in each folder and fix the folder names

i tried that program it fails as well

cypressRU
lithium

Post#45 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:43 pm

Only thing I can think to try now is to delete the ini file in the root, that fixes my problems sometimes

dreamcast459
dark night

Post#46 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:00 pm

do you mean the ini in the root of the folder for whatever program i use to load the games to my sd card?

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#47 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:08 pm

dreamcast459 wrote:
cypressRU wrote:You should use a program called GDEMU SD Maker instead, its less likely to fail

Seems we both have the same problem. I guess it's cos it's an SDXC card. My 32gn SDHC card works fine.
aka DavidHK on DC games.

dreamcast459
dark night

Post#48 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:58 am

dave_van_damn wrote:
dreamcast459 wrote:

Seems we both have the same problem. I guess it's cos it's an SDXC card. My 32gn SDHC card works fine.

i just bought a 64gig card im gonna test it this weekend and report back to you

dreamcast459
dark night

Post#49 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:11 am

dave_van_damn wrote:
dreamcast459 wrote:

i downloaded a 400 gig image for the gdemu off internet archive let me know if you want the link i can only assume these games work so ima test some of them out

MavenAZ
shadow

Post#50 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:07 pm

dreamcast459 wrote:
dave_van_damn wrote:
dreamcast459 wrote:

i downloaded a 400 gig image for the gdemu off internet archive let me know if you want the link i can only assume these games work so ima test some of them out

PM sent! I have had enough with GDIShrink and errors with Tosec sets. Thanks for the helping hand.