Weird GDEMU Behavior

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

highfuel90
noob

Weird GDEMU Behavior

Post#1 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:47 am

Hi Everyone, I installed the DC Digital and Clone GDEMU (added button push wire) and removed the 12v regulator on my V01 DC (3.3v on CD drive, black plastic fan, and confirmed 1 on bottom of console). At first, I formatted a samsung evo 256GB SD card to fat32 usin 32kb clusters using guiformat. I attempted to manually set it up without using GDEMU_SD v1.10. I placed the GDmenu_v0.6.cdi into folder 01 and placed GDEMU.ini in the route of the SD cart. I then manually added all my games using 02, 03, 04, etc and renamed all the .GDI/.CDI files to be "disc" (kept file extensions obviously). Upon booting up the console, it would immediately boot directly to the game in the 02 folder without going to the GDEMU menu....even though there is a 01 menu folder. I then tried deleting the 02 folder and it would boot to the GDEMU menu, only now it is empty. I then tried using the GDEMU_SD software, checked off the "menu" box and ran into the exact same situation after it complied. I then tried switch SD cards to a 4gb sandisk and a 64gb sandisk sd card and encountered the same issues.....over and over again. There was one time where it loaded only the first few games I installed with the menu present. What in Sam-hill is going on? I know this thing is sensitive to what SD cards it eats. Any suggestions?

xtxShowtimextx
shadow

Re: Weird GDEMU Behavior

Post#2 » Wed May 05, 2021 10:39 pm

Did you ever figure this out? I legit have the exact same issue. DCDigital and Clone (Added push wire).
Same thing exactly.

xtxShowtimextx
shadow

Re: Weird GDEMU Behavior

Post#3 » Wed May 05, 2021 10:44 pm

PS: For a check I removed the GDEMU button push wire...and its now loading 01 folder fine