Stuck at 'Connected to server'

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Wilco
lithium

Stuck at 'Connected to server'

Post#1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:38 am

I'm running a Dreampi with 1.7 and i'm having an issue with logging in. On worms World party everything works fine right up until I connect to the server. It says 'connected to server' but then that message never goes away and i'm stuck. I appear online on the 'online/now' site and everything seems connected, but still no luck getting past this message. Also when playing PSO it boots me out as soon as i get into the lobby. has anyone else experienced this?
Kid With The Play

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: Stuck at 'Connected to server'

Post#2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Dreampi is obviously working...

what version of PSO are you trying to connect with..?

have you DMZ'd your Dreamcast or forwarded the port for worms..?

Wilco
lithium

Post#3 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Its with PSO ver2. I've always been able to connect before. I've not tried going online in a while and recently upgraded to a new router. I've set the 'default dmz server' to 192.168.1.98 but still no luck.
Kid With The Play

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Wilco wrote:Its with PSO ver2. I've always been able to connect before. I've not tried going online in a while and recently upgraded to a new router. I've set the 'default dmz server' to 192.168.1.98 but still no luck.

Could potentially be bad failing lvi or bad phone cord?

When I have bizzare connection issues, for me at least, I hqve take apart my dc. Remove the power supply, clean power supply pins with iso alcholohol, you may need to bend them slightly foward towards front of console. Reinstall the power supply and try again. If everything worked and then suddenly stopped maybe that's it.. but just a guess as it fixes it for me lol

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#5 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:54 am

Wilco wrote:recently upgraded to a new router

Uh oh. That's probably why. You should set the MTU to 1400 on the DreamPi so it forces the router to play nicely with PSO.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#6 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Yep, listen to Ives. Check the MTU.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Wilco
lithium

Post#7 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:20 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Uh oh. That's probably why. You should set the MTU to 1400 on the DreamPi so it forces the router to play nicely with PSO.

Just tried changing it from 1500 to 1400 and still no luck :cry: It's so annoying. Its such a weird problem. I can fully connect to the internet on XDP and use use web pages, it just seems to not want to let me fully interact with the game servers. WAHHHH!
Kid With The Play

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:43 pm

Wilco wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:Uh oh. That's probably why. You should set the MTU to 1400 on the DreamPi so it forces the router to play nicely with PSO.

Just tried changing it from 1500 to 1400 and still no luck :cry: It's so annoying. Its such a weird problem. I can fully connect to the internet on XDP and use use web pages, it just seems to not want to let me fully interact with the game servers. WAHHHH!

You might PM shuouma, if you and him are on at the same time he can probably look at his server logs as you try to connect to worms and may be able to further diagnose the issue.