Planet Ring Bug Bash - Friday May 13th at 10pm eastern!

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
namine207
core

Planet Ring Bug Bash - Friday May 13th at 10pm eastern!

Post#1 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:29 pm

Hey there everybody! I'm talking to one of the EarthCall developers, and am trying to get a good list going of bugs and how one can reproduce them! So who wants to come on the server with me later tonight and crash the server in every and any way possible? :)
Last edited by namine207 on Thu May 12, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Re: Planet Ring Bug Bash - Thursday May 12th at 10pm eastern!

Post#2 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:29 pm

I will glady help with this. I have a server setup, and can send whoever is participating an auto-connect disc for it. I know impulse or brouke don't exactly have the time to monitor the server to restart it

I'm also hosting it on an actual VPS with a good amount of RAM for Dreamcast servers. And since I will be also helping I can restart the server as it crashes. Only problem is, when I tested the server with someone else a few days ago. I could not see the other player, and all of the tables for each game said "table full".

Unless the earthcall devs are going to setup a debug server for this? Moreover than bugfixing they should implement some crash recovery so if the server crashes it can restart allowing others to just reset and reconnect
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#3 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Tonight is a bit short notice though, how about tomorrow at 9?
ImageImage
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

namine207
core

Post#4 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:32 pm

DR TEAMCAST wrote:I will glady help with this. I have a server setup, and can send whoever is participating an auto-connect disc for it. I know impulse or brouke don't exactly have the time to monitor the server to restart it

I'm also hosting it on an actual VPS with a good amount of RAM for Dreamcast servers. And since I will be also helping I can restart the server as it crashes. Only problem is, when I tested the server with someone else a few days ago. I could not see the other player, and all of the tables for each game said "table full".

Unless the earthcall devs are going to setup a debug server for this? Moreover than bugfixing they should implement some crash recovery so if the server crashes it can restart allowing others to just reset and reconnect

We could do it tomorrow night too! I'm not sure if I'd be back by 9 but we could do that! I've been working on setting up my own server with an autoconnect disk, but I've been having issues where the information center exit isn't letting me out. I was told by the devs it has to do with forwarded ports, but every port that it communicates on is open on server so I'm not quite sure how to go about that one.

And I would love to see a PR server with auto crash recovery tbh, maybe someday soon. XD

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#5 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:40 pm

Getting the VOIP packets correctly transported on DreamPi probably wouldn't be a mountain moving task either. imo that should be implemented along with the crash recovery and making sure when it is compiled it operates without issues like you mentioned with the info center exit and mine with the game tables being full. Perhaps even including the external dependancies with the source because it does take quite awile to find the corect devel libs to get

I don't think I'm being overly critical if they can make the server those few things wouldn't be a difficult as reverse engineering it to begin with. Maybe the can even get in this thread
ImageImage

namine207
core

Post#6 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:35 pm

DR TEAMCAST wrote:Getting the VOIP packets correctly transported on DreamPi probably wouldn't be a mountain moving task either. imo that should be implemented along with the crash recovery and making sure when it is compiled it operates without issues like you mentioned with the info center exit and mine with the game tables being full. Perhaps even including the external dependencies with the source because it does take quite awile to find the corect devel libs to get

I don't think I'm being overly critical if they can make the server those few things wouldn't be a difficult as reverse engineering it to begin with. Maybe the can even get in this thread

Absolutely, yeah. I had to modify the Makefile to get it to even build. I would hope this could all be fixed. :\

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Planet Ring Bug Bash - Friday May 13th at 10pm eastern!

Post#7 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:29 am

Not sure if you know this already but there is an official thread for reporting Planet Ring server bugs here. I think most of the bugs have already been reported including crashing upon checking the leaderboards, crashing with too many players on the server, the full table bug, Bubble Bobble synch errors, Dream Dorobo not starting, etc...
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

namine207
core

Post#8 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:10 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Not sure if you know this already but there is an official thread for reporting Planet Ring server bugs here. I think most of the bugs have already been reported including crashing upon checking the leaderboards, crashing with too many players on the server, the full table bug, Bubble Bobble synch errors, Dream Dorobo not starting, etc...

Oh wow. That is really complete 0.0 It's a shame that most of these haven't been addressed. :\

Impulse
Admin

Post#9 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:03 pm

I'm keeping an eye on the server so it'll be online if you guys decide to do some bug testing.
-Impulse

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#10 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:58 pm

I was just in...no one was there...I'll try later.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs