Dreamcast Dead...

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
soul21
shadow

Dreamcast Dead...

Post#1 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Seems like it to me, hardly anyone around anymore and no one seems to care, hardly anyone ever plays online, myself included, sorry I get busy sometimes too. I still try to keep my quake servers up and play on occasion.

No one seemed interested in getting UT Online anymore, I apparently have the OLD Version 400 here on this mac but no one cared. My friend said he thinks it will be easy to get a server working lol so I'm going to try and work with him and get it working hahaha.

Please anyone who looks at this we need to keep dreamcast alive!

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Re: Dreamcast Dead...

Post#2 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:27 pm

soul21 wrote:Seems like it to me, hardly anyone around anymore and no one seems to care, hardly anyone ever plays online, myself included, sorry I get busy sometimes too. I still try to keep my quake servers up and play on occasion.

No one seemed interested in getting UT Online anymore, I apparently have the OLD Version 400 here on this mac but no one cared. My friend said he thinks it will be easy to get a server working lol so I'm going to try and work with him and get it working hahaha.

Please anyone who looks at this we need to keep dreamcast alive!

i got a lan for the dreamcast but i do not no how to youse it it i wont to get on line help

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#3 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Simply put the UT Server has been tried by many, but the closest anyone has gotten was being able to see the server with the Dreamcast but not able to connect.

P.S. I was online with Q3 last weekend with GreenMan & Impulse. I usually can't get on until wacky late AM hours.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

soul21
shadow

Post#4 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:17 am

Yaaaa I know, but my friend thinks it will be easy lol, We shall see when we go to work on it soon. The problem I thought was dreamcast is version 404 or something close to that and no one had a version of UT old enough to work ? maybe? but this version I have on this mac SAYS.. v400.... maybe with our luck if its true it would probably be too old LOL.

If we get it working won't that be epic.
pun intended :lol:

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#5 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:27 am

dude, off course nobody plays now, its summer LOL
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#6 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:22 am

soul21 wrote:Yaaaa I know, but my friend thinks it will be easy lol, We shall see when we go to work on it soon. The problem I thought was dreamcast is version 404 or something close to that and no one had a version of UT old enough to work ? maybe? but this version I have on this mac SAYS.. v400.... maybe with our luck if its true it would probably be too old LOL.

If we get it working won't that be epic.
pun intended :lol:

Good luck my friend. The version you need is v.583 (Dreamcast Server/Game Build). TeamXLink is tring hard to get this game back online. DCArena was able to save some logfiles but it's wasn't enough.

Someone is working on an Alien Front Online server but he's not talking very much (can't find the thread now...). You could PN him and ask for the IP etc.

Barrys_Bapz
killer

Post#7 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:46 pm

With CD-R's about she ant' dead!
THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS ENDS

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#8 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:17 am

mazonemayu wrote:dude, off course nobody plays now, its summer LOL

Amen. Be ready for those first weeks in December when the semester ends. ;)
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:18 am

if you guys wanna play some PSO or Q3A just PM me a day in advance and i'll be there, I'm in GMT London so thats all you need to consider... I'm up for either of those, and I can switch back to my modem for some Starlancer?? (does anyone know if doing that will cock up my BBA setup?)
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc