Driving Strikers Online!

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
Elseb
shadow

Driving Strikers Online!

Post#1 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:01 pm

Anybody playing this online? Bought the game a few days ago and there hasn't been anybody on. Would love to have a few games or make it a regular thing. I'm from the UK..

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Re: Driving Strikers Online!

Post#2 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:39 pm

Elseb wrote:Anybody playing this online? Bought the game a few days ago and there hasn't been anybody on. Would love to have a few games or make it a regular thing. I'm from the UK..

I would love it too. I have the game and can play with you, I'm free Saturday nights, Sundays and Mondays too. Lets make this a regular thing :)

Elseb
shadow

Post#3 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:34 am

Sonic1994DC wrote:
Elseb wrote:Anybody playing this online? Bought the game a few days ago and there hasn't been anybody on. Would love to have a few games or make it a regular thing. I'm from the UK..

I would love it too. I have the game and can play with you, I'm free Saturday nights, Sundays and Mondays too. Lets make this a regular thing :)

Ah great. I can do Monday evenings! How about 8pm UK Time? Let me know if that's OK or not!

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#4 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:08 am

Elseb wrote:
Sonic1994DC wrote:

Ah great. I can do Monday evenings! How about 8pm UK Time? Let me know if that's OK or not!

Ok cool, Mondays at 8pm UK time and that would be here 3pm US EDT. I can do that, lets make it official! Before we start I have to ask you did you DMZ or Port forward your game yet?

Elseb
shadow

Post#5 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm

Sonic1994DC wrote:
Elseb wrote:
Sonic1994DC wrote:

Ok cool, Mondays at 8pm UK time and that would be here 3pm US EDT. I can do that, lets make it official! Before we start I have to ask you did you DMZ or Port forward your game yet?

Apologies I don't know what that means haha. I use the Broadband Adapter so have just configured that and then connected to the game after registering my account.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#6 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:26 pm

Elseb wrote:
Sonic1994DC wrote:
Elseb wrote:

Apologies I don't know what that means haha. I use the Broadband Adapter so have just configured that and then connected to the game after registering my account.

You got the first step right, but most Dreamcast games will need DMZ or port forward to properly work online. I have and use a BBA also and had to port forward my game so it could work properly online. For this game doing one of those steps would make you be able to host your own games/lobbies for it. Without doing one of these steps I wouldn't be able to join your game or see you online. Here are the steps to DMZ or port forward your game: https://dreamcastlive.net/connection-guide/

In this DreamPi setup video it goes over on how to DMZ your Dreamcast games at the 9:50 mark in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRLnj2YR3s

Elseb
shadow

Post#7 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:09 am

Sonic1994DC wrote:
Elseb wrote:
Sonic1994DC wrote:

You got the first step right, but most Dreamcast games will need DMZ or port forward to properly work online. I have and use a BBA also and had to port forward my game so it could work properly online. For this game doing one of those steps would make you be able to host your own games/lobbies for it. Without doing one of these steps I wouldn't be able to join your game or see you online. Here are the steps to DMZ or port forward your game: https://dreamcastlive.net/connection-guide/

In this DreamPi setup video it goes over on how to DMZ your Dreamcast games at the 9:50 mark in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRLnj2YR3s

Thanks a lot, I'll get that sorted this evening ready for tomorrow. :)

Xtro999
undertow

Post#8 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:41 am

Hi dreamcasters I want to know where to get the game as I’m in uk I have everything setup to play this any help would be much appreciated thnx….

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#9 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:33 am

Xtro999 wrote:Hi dreamcasters I want to know where to get the game as I’m in uk I have everything setup to play this any help would be much appreciated thnx….

You can buy the game off the WaveGameStudio website: https://www.wavegamestudios.com/shop/driving-strikers

Or buy the game at one of these locations: https://www.wavegamestudios.com/local

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#10 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:36 am

Thanks a lot, I'll get that sorted this evening ready for tomorrow. :)[/quote]

Awesome, if you need any help with setting it up I'll help you