Dreamcast Live Saturday Night Sports Night!! - Saturdays @ 9:00PM Eastern

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
Deebo
shadow

Re: Dreamcast Live Saturday Night Sports Night!! - Saturdays @ 9:00PM Eastern

Post#341 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:13 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:I am sorry. This is the only online event that usually has no players - but not always. Ncman is one of the only players around that will play if he has the time and knows someone else will play.

That is kind of sad :( I love all things sega but one of the biggest reasons I and a lot of people i knew back in 2000 who bought dreamcast, the 2k sports games were a huge selling point (because EA sports hasn't been good since the Genesis). I am just completely surprised there is little interest in online play for said 2k titles. Well I'll always be here if anyone wants to play though just DM me and we will plan it out i guess

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#342 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:14 am

You got it.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Gocha
letterbomb

Post#343 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:43 am

Also Deebo, every game was like that once (except for PSO), I had my fair share of problems getting some chuchu players at the beginning, if you show that you want to play constantly people will start joining, I know is completly different from other platforms where there is always people online, but that is one of the problems you will have on a 21 years old console with a custome system to connect to private servers. Maybe someday we will have enough players to be able to always find people online, hey PSO it's almost there already!

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#344 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:49 am

Deebo wrote:So much for "Saturday night sportsball" not a single person. ... I did have 1 match of 2k1 earlier but that was in the afternoon. What's the point of an event schedule if no one shows up

Hey man its cool to see a new person interested in the sports titles available for online play. These and quake 3 are my personal favorites and I was really excited about the sports games coming back. I was the original host for Sportsball night. In fact, it started on Mondays but switched to Saturdays after Mondays proved to be too slow. I hosted on Saturdays for a while through the beginning as well.

Let me clarify the situation youre dealing with a little bit.

I stopped hosting because I was tired of giving up my Saturday nights to sit at home waiting for no one to show up to play. This is not a personal attack on anyone in particular, but the sports crew here is very small and the people generally did not support a weekly game night.

You might see that theres X amount of DC online players but in reality theres literally only about 5 people who you can get a sports game with. The DC community is also different from other modern online communities. This is a generally older crowd, some times with families, kids, or other adult responsibilities that prevent them from always being available to play games. Its also not always as convenient to boot up and play the DC games online as it is for a more up to date console.

So, take those 5 players and factor all of this in and youll see its just harder to find online games here. You have a couple of options. If youre planning on playing a sports game, say something in the chat on the main page here. Give it a half hour or so and maybe someone will respond. You can also join the dc talk discord group and try to find someone to play there. Lastly, and honestly the best way is to just make friends with the 5 people who will play sports games and then just try to personally arrange a game time with them via private message or whatever.

Me
ncman
bob dobbs
gamingtrucker
ofmannotmachine

Thats the list of people most likely to be down for a sports game.

Hope this has helped make sense of things. And yes I will play with you if you ever want to send me a private message or find me on discord or whatever. Maybe we can arrange a time. Later.

VKNIGHT20
core

Post#345 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:42 am

Hey if everyone's ok with it I hope to joining Sports ball tonight. I got NCAA 2k2, NBA 2k1, and NFL 2k2. I have tons of free time so I can be online a lot.
John 3:16

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#346 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:47 am

2koolpa hit the nail on the head....i've tried sat nights and still try it but its not consistant...like tonight later on i'm going to my friends house...not sure what time or when i'll be home to play DC but could play sometime before then.

VKNIGHT20
core

Post#347 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:28 pm

Also, just thought i'd say i'm free until around 10:00 central time (There's also a Baylor football game at 2:30 I wanna watch), so if you're interested in playing online just pm me.
John 3:16

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#348 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:12 am

Hey Guys!! I am planning on playing this Saturday...no plans ..i'll be home from mid afternoon until bed time....anybody want to play Saturday..? nba, ncaa, nfl, wsb...whatever????

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#349 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:40 pm

bump

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#350 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:43 pm

bump