Regular Monaco GP Online Night?

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
Vill22
core

Regular Monaco GP Online Night?

Post#1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:07 am

Given how awesome the UK night was on the weekend and how well Monaco GP runs online, I'd like to explore possibly having a regular night on Monaco GP Online.

We could have a regular championship with an ongoing score table - or just enjoy a single championship each evening.

At this stage, I'm just curious who is interested in a regular Monaco GP night, or if you'd just rather it be part of the weekly rotation of games.

Let me know and I can start looking into logistics!

Mechanic
Vagabond

Re: Regular Monaco GP Online Night?

Post#2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:52 pm

Interesting! Lets see if there is more interest here. But time differences can cause some conflicts during week nights. Soon as I get home form work around 6pm US Eastern time it would be probably 1am where you are.
Italian Stallion

Chael
fire

Post#3 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:34 pm

The idea has been evoked several times, a few ppl were interested but no one really commited to make it happens. You could try to do it. Which means spamming on forum/twitter/discord/skype etc during at least 3 weeks so the mouth to ear works.
I did this stuff for other niches games, you need motivation or you will give up fast because at first there is not a big response, but in the end it usually works out (exept a few time where it doesn't).

This community is a bit weird tho, niche gaming, split on several places, ppl sometimes don't connect/check news for a long time, different timezones, regular problems with dreampi setups etc... But on the good side you need only 3-5 players besides yourself.

I am not available till June but when I am you bet I'm gonna take the Monaco record again on my first try :D

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#4 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:54 pm

What about doing once a month? Like the first Monday of the month?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#5 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:23 pm

I think The-Amazing-Mr_V has a great idea there. Obviously if you want a weekly, try to pull a smaller group of mates you can rely on to be online regularly. However most Dreamcast gamers are adults with jobs etc, fitting in a weekly routine can be tough (most of us can't make the weekly random game sessions, let alone an alternative for a single title). However a single day a month might work best.

Either go with a "First Monday of the Month" or (although the weekday would alternate) a 1st of the Month date would be rockin'. Much easier for people to ensure they set it aside without affecting family/work etc as much.

Shuouma
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Second week in a row now with some monaco action, love this game :)

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#7 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:17 pm

I SUCK
Italian Stallion

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#8 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:22 am

I would be up for a daily meetup or a championship season :)
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor