Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness

A section to post your reviews of Dreamcast games. See rules for details.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Rating System: Please include a rating on the scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to put the name of the game in the topic title (game name must be first in the title) Example: 'Toy Racer Review by yadayadagames'. Also include a poll with options 1-10 other users can rate the game (you can add our own subtitles for each ranking or leave it blank). Example: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=789

Poll: How good is Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness?

1: Makes Spirit of Speed look like Gran Turismo 7
No votes
2: Not good
No votes
3: I'd rather pump quarters in the arcade game instead
No votes
4: Is this a lame PS1 port?
No votes
5: Meh
No votes
6: It's alright
No votes
7: Good, but not great
43%
8: Great
43%
9: Amazeballs
No votes
10: MOVE OVER SHENMUE!
14%
Total votes: 7

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness

Post#1 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:45 am

You may notice I haven't done a review in a while, that's mainly because I was reviewing various Pac-Man games/units for Pac-Man week, but the two do overlap with Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness. It's a 3D maze game, like the old arcade units, but more elaborate and prettier.

In the gameplay the game looks great, the Ms. Pac-Man model is a little oddly glitchy in the main menu, but that's the least important time. The music is pretty darn good (I'm gonna see if I can rip it to my computer soon), and the sound effects are alright (some are right from the arcade game).

The gameplay is solid. It takes the old school maze formula and expands on it with many sections of each level, as well as added gameplay elements like blocks, springs, and magic carpets. The power pellets and dots are still here, and eating them is still important, but not mandatory like in the arcade games (and in Adventures in Time, a PC game I reviewed on Tuesday).

There's not really a ton to say, because the core gameplay is so simple and so well known, but this is definitely a good game, and one I can wholeheartedly recommend. It's not amazing, but it's a good solid game that doesn't get much attention. I gave it a 7/10

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness Review

Post#2 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:20 am

8-) added
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Re: Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness

Post#3 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:37 pm

I'm glad to see this one is a winner. I was quite worried. Most of [MRS] Pacman's forays into new directions were not really worth playing until about midway through the PS2s life span. I was mostly worried that this would be in the same spirit of Pacman 2 on the Genesis, which is to say "total shit". This fear kept me from purchasing this game. I'll give a shot though. I'm sure I've played worse.

By the way, why didn't your Pacman Week include a review of Pacman 2 on the Genesis.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#4 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Cause I don't have it. I did just get a pack of knock-off Pac-Man games though. Might look at that too.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:04 pm

I really liked playing this game. I won a moped during a Ms. Pac-Man contest in 1981, so I was a big Ms. Pac-Man fan and loved playing that game.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#6 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:48 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:I really liked playing this game. I won a moped during a Ms. Pac-Man contest in 1981, so I was a big Ms. Pac-Man fan and loved playing that game.

That may be the coolest Pacman related story I've heard. Thats actually really cool. I think about achievements and trophies and crap with the Xbox and Ps3 and its cool, it adds a little bit of competition. Nobody I know has ever won a damn Moped though. So its kinda like "how big a deal is your Trophy count"?
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

caroljones
noob

Post#7 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:45 am

I Too liked this game very much.

Return to “Reviews”