Sonic Adventure

A section to post your reviews of Dreamcast games. See rules for details.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Rating System: Please include a rating on the scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to put the name of the game in the topic title (game name must be first in the title) Example: 'Toy Racer Review by yadayadagames'. Also include a poll with options 1-10 other users can rate the game (you can add our own subtitles for each ranking or leave it blank). Example: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=789
MrAlextov
MegaDeath

Sonic Adventure

Post#1 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:11 am

Hello, now I am reviewing Sonic Adventure that just finished the Sonic Character. Sadly I haven't shoot pictures because I haven't a device that captures RF cable (I have the TV tuner, but can't detect Dreamcast).

Pros: Collecting emeralds is required unlike previous where emerald is optional, 3D, only 10 stages but very hard and aswell nice graphics.
Cons: Glitches that make the game harder, health system (as well and other Sonic games) sucks.

Summary:
Sonic for first time enters to a real 3D world (Sonic 3D Blast wasn't complete 3D) and Eggman/Robotnik invented a monster, called Chaos. Every time Eggmen feed the Chaos with Emerald, it becomes more powerful to destroy Station Square and build the Robotnikland, the ultimate city. Can Sonic and its friends to stop Eggman and safe the world?

Should play it: YES
Score: 9.5/10
Number of its top selling games: 2nd
Just started Java Programming Learning...

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Re: Sonic Adventure

Post#2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Another "con" about the game (in my opinion) is the camera angle at times. Sometimes it seems Sonic is either (1) moving too fast for the camera to keep up, or (2) finds a blind spot behind something...that can get you killed! lol

Other than that, I love this game to death. And I played it nonstop for hours on its release. Very nostalgic game for me.

8-)

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#3 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:32 pm

It's a chore to finish this game.
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

krssn
Metallic

Post#4 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:07 pm

everynewday84 wrote:It's a chore to finish this game.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#5 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:40 pm

I'd be willing to bet that you havnt completed this game with all characters, unlocking everything. -_-

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#6 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:43 am

My 8 year old son just finished it with every character last week and he loves it... as much as i did in 1999!

I personally was a little skeptical, because he is growing up with Mario Galaxy 2, Sly Cooper on the VITA, Sonic Generations, etc... all of them are much more technically 'polished' games. But he was happy and enjoyed all of Sonic Adventure, even the snowboard (and sandboard) levels, which i found very touchy and hard to control even in 1999.

We're now going after the 120 emblems by his request.

If you dont like the game, its your personal taste.

I think it's a classic that laid the foundations for many of today's techniques in platform and action games... much more than Mario 64 did (in my personal view).

EDIT: He even said that he likes this version of Perfect Chaos more, because its harder than the Sonic Generations boss battle.

krssn
Metallic

Post#7 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:56 am

everynewday84 wrote:I'd be willing to bet that you havnt completed this game with all characters, unlocking everything. -_-

It's a good thing you didn't bet then... :lol:

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#8 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:34 am

krssn wrote:
everynewday84 wrote:I'd be willing to bet that you havnt completed this game with all characters, unlocking everything. -_-

Wow. You don't say? Haha
Well I Beat the game in 1999, and i remember playing through with another character, fighting the same bosses, playing the same levels, there was no new storyline. Bosses were not a challenge.. It just seemed silly to continue... My wife got bored with the game before finishing, too.

And that pic made my day XD

krssn
Metallic

Post#9 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:52 am

everynewday84 wrote:
krssn wrote:

Wow. You don't say? Haha
Well I Beat the game in 1999, and i remember playing through with another character, fighting the same bosses, playing the same levels, there was no new storyline. Bosses were not a challenge.. It just seemed silly to continue... My wife got bored with the game before finishing, too.

And that pic made my day XD

The other characters do add to the story. They refine the story being told. Like adding missing pieces to a puzzle. Finishing the game with all six characters is the only way to really finish the game and get the real ending. You will need to defeat Chaos one more time as Golden Sonic. So you've really missed out...

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#10 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 am

Golden Sonic? What Sonic fan are you? :P

Super Sonic!