Skies Of Arcadia

A section to post your reviews of Dreamcast games. See rules for details.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Rating System: Please include a rating on the scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to put the name of the game in the topic title (game name must be first in the title) Example: 'Toy Racer Review by yadayadagames'. Also include a poll with options 1-10 other users can rate the game (you can add our own subtitles for each ranking or leave it blank). Example: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=789

Poll: What do you rate the game?

10 Cant Stop Playing
40%
9 Enjoyed it
40%
8 good game
No votes
7 try it out
10%
6 eh
No votes
5 don't get less u bored
No votes
4 never finished
No votes
3 hated it
10%
2 Every time you play god kills a kitten
No votes
1 Commited suicide
No votes
Total votes: 10

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Skies Of Arcadia

Post#1 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:39 am

All i have to say is wow this game took me forever to beat. it deserves a seccond playthrough though. first time i beat it i played the pal one with codes because it seemed so hard to me. but after that i beat the U.S. one no problem. good story line, the ending was rediculus and all in all deserves a sequel.

Positives :D
Length (the perfect size not rediculusly long or short)
Graphics (Great the weapons change god i love that)
Style (by that i mean how you upgrade and stuff)

Negatives (yes i found some)
The largest one i have is after you beat the final ship battle you get a captains stripe whats the point?

No continuation , would love to play with different custumes,

In order to get final cupil you need to use downloadable content. which makes me confused because where they just too lazy to put that island in the game or whats the deal?
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

rent-a-hero
rebel

Re: skies or arcadie Us Version

Post#2 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:01 pm

... which makes me confused because where they just too lazy to put that island in the game or whats the deal?

the island were always in-game, you need to dwld only few bytes to unlock it. there's no space in vmu to download something big as a complete scenery.

anyway, its a great game, but not perfect.

+
good speed, there's always something catching attention

-
low detailed maps, the "world" is too small

i think it could have deeper strategy in ship battles, specially at yafutoma... so many ships, so much excitement, for a single ship battle...
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. - Carl Jung

Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. - Charles M. Schulz