Jet Grind Radio

A section to post your reviews of Dreamcast games. See rules for details.

Moderator: mazonemayu

Forum rules
Rating System: Please include a rating on the scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to put the name of the game in the topic title (game name must be first in the title) Example: 'Toy Racer Review by yadayadagames'. Also include a poll with options 1-10 other users can rate the game (you can add our own subtitles for each ranking or leave it blank). Example: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=789

Poll: How much do you like the game?

2%
2%
No votes
No votes
2%
4%
4%
9%
20%
57%
Total votes: 46

Barrys_Bapz
killer

Re: Jet Grind Radio

Post#11 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Is Shadow gone now? :?
THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS ENDS

Macabre
Toy Commander

Post#12 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Cube and I are going to get married one day. I have roller skates with red wheels cause of her :mrgreen:

The xbox game is also very fun! Not as challenging to collect the souls as this game was.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

Jussum0ne
rebel

Post#13 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:38 am

10/10... one of the most fun games on the DC (and overall)

Dihnekis
Quad Damage

Post#14 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:17 pm

I love it but I'm ashamed to say I haven't ever finished it :(... one day soon.

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Post#15 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:01 pm

I love it and if you want a more Challenging game pick the characters with low HP. I usually use Mew because shes so weak and get my ass kicked all the time from the cops.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

lazyhoboguy
fire

Post#16 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:38 am

I got my DC somewhat recently and I had never played any Dreamcast around the time it was actually alive. I must say that I thought Jet Grind Radio was a tad bit overrated when i finally got to play it.

It is a great game don't get me wrong. But it does have some flaws that bug me. The controls aren't too great imo and the the game has noticeable slowdown every once in awhile. I played a few hours of it a few months ago and I haven't beat the game yet. I need to go back to it and finish it up.
my youtube channel
my game collection
ps2onlinegaming.com [plan ps2 online and lan tunneling matches (xlink kai)]

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Post#17 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:49 am

lazyhoboguy wrote:I got my DC somewhat recently and I had never played any Dreamcast around the time it was actually alive. I must say that I thought Jet Grind Radio was a tad bit overrated when i finally got to play it.

It is a great game don't get me wrong. But it does have some flaws that bug me. The controls aren't too great imo and the the game has noticeable slowdown every once in awhile. I played a few hours of it a few months ago and I haven't beat the game yet. I need to go back to it and finish it up.

I can't really blame it for slowdown since every console game chugs along every once in a while. My biggest beef with it is the camera angles. But its not really that big of a deal.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:54 am

sweet review, games like this made it impossible to deny that Dreamcast was and still is (IMHO) the greatest, most fun console of all time. I completed it 100% after struggling for months to get all the levels up to JET rating so I could unlock all characters lol... then I went nuts on JSRF and 100%-ed that too.... simply the best from Sega

Pro
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my youtube channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/Antonyv1982?feature=mhee

Kaizoku ChaosStar
core

Post#19 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:14 am

I have always wondered if it was more worth a while to skip all the optional graffiti places and go for the required ones to get a better time, or vice versa.

Last time I went for many of the optional ones and finish I got a piss poor rank.
Think it was "Pedal". I played this game two weeks ago I believe.
Connection! Hooray!!!

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#20 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Just get the jet ratings first then go back in to get the ones u want afterwards, awesome game
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my youtube channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/Antonyv1982?feature=mhee