Test Drive Le Mans

A section to post your reviews of Dreamcast games. See rules for details.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Rating System: Please include a rating on the scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to put the name of the game in the topic title (game name must be first in the title) Example: 'Toy Racer Review by yadayadagames'. Also include a poll with options 1-10 other users can rate the game (you can add our own subtitles for each ranking or leave it blank). Example: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=789

Poll: From 1-10 what grade would you give to this game?

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
15%
15%
31%
38%
Total votes: 13

miguios
shadow

Test Drive Le Mans

Post#1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Hello everyone.
I'm going to make a very small review about Test Drive Le Mans for the Dreamcast.
I'm don't think of myself as someone who knows how to describe a game very well, but i thought there could be more reviews on this forum so I’m doing one.
I recently bought this game, and honestly I couldn’t be happier with it. I had only 2 other racing games, Sega Rally and MSR: Metropolis Street Racer, and though sega rally was go fun, none of this two could be compared with test drive.
The graphics are probably near the best of the DC (at least in my experience). The cars are well designed and the scenarios are beautiful.
The game offers a nice variety of modes to play. This include Quick Race, Championship (with 8 championships, including prototype and endure championships), Le Mans mode simulating the legendary 24h race, time trial and multiplayer (up to 4 players).
Overall I think this game is pretty amazing, and I would recommend you to buy it.
I played this game for hours and it doesn’t get old. Its very additive for its has a great game play, lots of tracks and cars to unlock and i love the graphics and the soundtracks. Great dreamcast experience.
Sorry for the lack of content on this review, but as I said before I think we could use more reviews on the forum and I wanted to share my experience playing this game with others. Also excuse me for any grammar errors, but I’m Portuguese.
I leave a 9/10 mark for this game
here you can see some more detailed reviews:

http://uk.gamespot.com/dreamcast/drivin ... eview.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNYeUa--z8

Impulse
Admin

Re: Test Drive Le Mans

Post#2 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:11 am

Thanks for the review and welcome to Dreamcast-Talk.

I think Test Drives Le Mans is one of the best DC racers. It's an excellent game overall.
-Impulse

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:47 am

I agree a few more reviews would be nice. I intended on doing a few more but it seems like I’m always busy with something these days. I wouldn't mind doing one on Demolition Racer one of these days.

I liked test drive Le mans. I gave it a 7 though. I thought it got repetitive and a little boring to fast. Other than that it was very solid.

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post#4 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Gary_b wrote:I liked test drive Le mans. I gave it a 7 though. I thought it got repetitive and a little boring to fast. Other than that it was very solid.

I agree with what you said exactly.

miguios
shadow

Post#5 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 am

yeah, maybe. I have only played it for 1 week. but i like it a lot :)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:35 pm

I will give it an 8, only because I think it could have used more cars and tracks, but it is "Le Mans" for a reason... I have all Test Drive games on Dreamcast, and have TDU and TDU2 reserved on 360 which comes out the 8th of Febuary, so I am a huge Test Drive fan

That being said, if you are looking for a game with the best graphics on a racing game on Dreamcast, and like physics that feel like they carry some weight, but not to arcadey or simulation, this is the perfect game for you.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Yeah. Test Drive Le Mans is a really good game.
I give it a high score too. 8-)