Shutting down the Pi?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: Shutting down the Pi?

Post#11 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:02 pm

I use my TV's usb for a power source. Pi goes off when I turn off the TV. Or just unplug the Pi if I'm not going to play online.

dodo1867
lithium

Post#12 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:07 pm

I know the thread is old but for those asking the same question have you guys seen this https://www.tindie.com/products/omzlo/p ... pberry-pi/
From the description it says will automatically shut down and/or reboot your Raspberry Pi when needed.

wanos463
rebel

Post#13 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:22 am

Ive found the easiest method is simply praying to Jesus whilst pulling the power, thus far, no corruption!

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#14 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:03 am

you must be the luckiest people while i am the unluckiest, i have a 100% record of corruption on my pi if i dont correctly shut it down.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#15 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:27 am

mrneo240 wrote:you must be the luckiest people while i am the unluckiest, i have a 100% record of corruption on my pi if i dont correctly shut it down.

You must have a really crappy SD card. :lol: I've been yanking the power cord out of my Pi daily for the last few years and it's never corrupted on me once. I have a Kingston SD card.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Xiden
Developer

Post#16 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:37 am

I never shut my Pi down :P

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#17 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:05 am

I just yank out the AC adapter too. No problems ever.

Usually I just leave it plugged in though.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#18 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:47 pm

I am also a plug yanker.. if you're that worried about it just have 2 cards..

if 1 card gets corrupt.. which has yet to happen to me.. slam in the other one and reflash the bad one later...

dodo1867
lithium

Post#19 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:31 pm

I think the best method is to add a simple shutdown button to it like they do with retropie. Seems pretty easy to do.
https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2018/ ... wn-button/

thecodygriffin
undertow

Post#20 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:45 pm

I use a Retroflag MEGA Pi CASE which, when configured correctly, has a physical switch on it. I have a post outlining how to get it working on DreamPi: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11208&p=113551#p113551.

Before that, I used Termius to connect to it via SSH from my phone to execute the command, but that did still require me to unplug it and then plug it back in to boot it again.

Even before that, I left it on all the time. My back of the napkin estimate was that it would cost me $5 in electricity over the course of a year. I never had any problems with it working when I needed it.

Alternatively, you may want to try RaspController. I haven't given it a shot yet, but it does seem promising. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... controller

Return to “Online”