Let's now get 10,000 people online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Re: Let's now get 10,000 people online

Post#11 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:20 am

As I said in the other thread, If someone were to make an updated montage video showing off dreampie, the Dreamcast NOW service and a couple games online I will pay to spread the video across social media (YouTube paid promotion, Twitter ads, ect)

Sen
shadow

Post#12 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:42 am

Me and some of my friends would like to join the DreamPi Community, but the shop doesn't have complete packages in stock any more. I would probably order three if I could. I don't want to scavange for parts.

Xiden
Developer

Post#13 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:43 am

Sen wrote:Me and some of my friends would like to join the DreamPi Community, but the shop doesn't have complete packages in stock any more. I would probably order three if I could. I don't want to scavange for parts.

He sells out pretty fast due to the demand. You could email PC and he might be able to tell you when he'll be back in stock

[email protected]

You might even PM Tact on here. He makes a really cool Modem with a built in Line Voltage Inducer built in. I could easily help you and your friends obtain the rest of the parts which would be just the pi itself, micro sd card, and ac adapter.

If you really wanted me to I could even flash the software on the SD card and mail it to you also, as I've done for a member here :)

First, email pc and see where he's at on stock. If it might be a awhile email tact for a modem and then I will show you where to buy or make a pi for you

Flamiemeister
rebel

Post#14 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:29 pm

I could attempt to draw up a schematic for the PnP Dreampi, and we could sell 2 versions. One with line voltage inducer, one without, and give users a guide on how ti tell the difference between one dc that does and one that doesn't. I'll see if I can do it.

Flamiemeister
rebel

Post#15 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Maybe I could work with pcwzrd on making an easy to build and cheap Dreampi.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#16 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:44 am

Xiden wrote:
Sen wrote:Me and some of my friends would like to join the DreamPi Community, but the shop doesn't have complete packages in stock any more. I would probably order three if I could. I don't want to scavange for parts.

He sells out pretty fast due to the demand. You could email PC and he might be able to tell you when he'll be back in stock

[email protected]

You might even PM Tact on here. He makes a really cool Modem with a built in Line Voltage Inducer built in. I could easily help you and your friends obtain the rest of the parts which would be just the pi itself, micro sd card, and ac adapter.

If you really wanted me to I could even flash the software on the SD card and mail it to you also, as I've done for a member here :)

First, email pc and see where he's at on stock. If it might be a awhile email tact for a modem and then I will show you where to buy or make a pi for you

problem is he's shipping out of us which makes it a no go for pretty much all of mainland europe with the ridiculously high import taxes these days

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#17 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:19 am

gjb1985 wrote:problem is he's shipping out of us which makes it a no go for pretty much all of mainland europe with the ridiculously high import taxes these days

Wombat is selling a kit and shipping from Europe: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10041

If you ask me, it's a bit pricey though, considering it doesn't include a Raspberry Pi, a SD card and shipping.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#18 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:46 am

gjb1985 wrote:problem is he's shipping out of us which makes it a no go for pretty much all of mainland europe with the ridiculously high import taxes these days

I've shipped many DreamPi kits to Europe and as far as I know, only one person got charged import/customs fees (it was to Belgium).
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#19 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:32 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:

I've shipped many DreamPi kits to Europe and as far as I know, only one person got charged import/customs fees (it was to Belgium).

I'm in Netherlands and we have to pay heavy import taxes from usa as well. almost doubles the price.

Adamer
shadow

Post#20 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:02 pm

gjb1985 wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:

I'm in Netherlands and we have to pay heavy import taxes from usa as well. almost doubles the price.

Just curious, what kind of money are talking about?

I'm in the EU and I would pay VAT (20%), customs tax (up to 3%) and then handling fee which would be at most 10€.
The problem is that if you just pay somebody directly, you have to pay taxes and VAT from shipping price as well, which would make it really expensive. That is considering the price is higher than 22€. If it isn't (or you can make it look like it isn't...), you don't pay anything here, just post a proof of price and that's it. Of course this won't work with notebooks, phones and such, but Dreamcast modem should be fine (if you do the right... adjustments).

I'm really interested how exactly it works somewhere else. I assumed it is the same for every country, minus (or plus) maybe the handling fee.