Unreal Tournament - Status

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: Unreal Tournament - Status

Post#121 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:55 am

I believe for sure its an asset mismatch. Unless my memory is fuzzy, I think shu did some wizardry to get a little further than most people have gotten on it by tricking the server into thinking the correct assets were loaded. But I believe there are still issues he ran into. I assume due to the nature of how the game works it will likely be one of the last ones to get revived. Of course if the server software suddenly pops up that would help a ton lol.

nototacon
noob

Post#122 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:53 pm

If people were able to get a server list to generate on the Dreamcast version after connection, I am impressed already.

I would copy the .unr files from the Dreamcast build (ISO perhaps?) and overwrite the DM and CTF maps on the server. The UT debug (enabled) console should give the errors to any user connect error. Asset load trick should work, but the maps do have to match regardless otherwise even if the game did load, there would be high risk of bugs.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#123 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:39 pm

Xiden wrote:I believe for sure its an asset mismatch. Unless my memory is fuzzy, I think shu did some wizardry to get a little further than most people have gotten on it by tricking the server into thinking the correct assets were loaded. But I believe there are still issues he ran into. I assume due to the nature of how the game works it will likely be one of the last ones to get revived. Of course if the server software suddenly pops up that would help a ton lol.

Shuouma, any details on this?

korni
shadow

Post#124 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:53 pm

Some intresting reverse engineering at UT 99 PC network protocol: click

Xiden
Developer

Post#125 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:42 pm

korni wrote:Some intresting reverse engineering at UT 99 PC network protocol: click

We need to get this guy to look into Dreamcast UT for us :D
Last edited by Xiden on Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#126 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:47 pm

Xiden wrote:
korni wrote:Some intresting reverse engineering at UT 99 PC network protocol: click

We need to get this guy to look into Dreamcast UT to us :D

He's really not reversing anything here. Just studying the existing server for PC. Unfortunately the PC server isn't compatible with Dreamcast.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#127 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:04 pm

Shux me brethren

Yawl pleeea jus keep casting dreams for this keep prayers+hoping as for me I don't even care for Quake 3 (nor its franchise) even that that title what's first shown me Dreamcast to play live
Last edited by mistamontiel on Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#128 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:04 pm

Make Unreal real again dagnabbit!!

EDIT: Pardon me I can't automate donate so somebody anyone shoot me they Paypal to donate to this cause to get Unreal Dreamcast living+thriving agin :idea:

Dostuff
dark night

Post#129 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:49 pm

Getting Unreal Tournament back online??? You can count me in!!!!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#130 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:47 am

HOORAH yaYAEEE