custom quake 3 maps

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Radkin
PSOaholic

Re: custom quake 3 maps

Post#11 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Wow, I never thought of that. I am not familiar with coding, but hopefully someone else is. It would be great if you could create some new ones for us. :mrgreen:
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Impulse
Admin

Post#12 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:52 pm

T.r.i.c. is familiar with making q3 DC maps. He sent me modded maps to burn but I haven't been able to get them working yet. Hopefully he comes around soon, maybe he can help you out with this.
-Impulse

xl2k5
rebel

Post#13 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:17 pm

The maps use a different file format.
So you would have to overcome that first, like find out how to convert the maps from PC to DC.
And if you manage to do that, you might consider doing a Total Conversion while being at it, like add new stuff.
Well, good luck!

Impulse
Admin

Post#14 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:52 pm

tric sent me a bootable image to burn and play on the dc. So I think all the converting is done. I just can't get the image to extract correctly. Too bad. tric, any ideas on what the problem would be?
-Impulse

H0M3RC1D4L
undertow

Post#15 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:30 pm

Does anyone know the file extensions for the DC maps? I know the PC maps were packed in a a zipped file called a "pk3". Everything inside the packed file should be similar to the PC verison, but I bet the DC uses a different packaging/naming convention to keep it simpler or possibly more proprietary for the Dreamcast system.

Impulse
Admin

Post#16 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:40 pm

For the DC they are also .PK3 ... I think. Not 100 percent sure but when you have Q3 installed on your computer you have to download the DC map pack to play with the dc players and they are in .pk3 But I guess that really doesn't say much.
-Impulse

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#17 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Same thing Impulse said.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs