DreamPi problems with RasPi 3B

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Kurasiu
fire

Re: DreamPi problems with RasPi 3B

Post#11 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:12 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Kurasiu wrote:Hmm, I downloaded the Planet Ring autoconnect ISO from theisozone, fowarded the 7648 UDP port, but I still wasn't able to connect ("no response from the login server.") Still doing something wrong, or is the server currently down?

The auto-connect disc probably points towards the old DC-Talk server which has been taken down in favor of the newer one by Shuouma. You'll need a regular copy of the game.

I see, thank you for the reply! :) Well, from what I saw the PAL discs aren't terribly expensive (around 40 PLN), so I might pick up one soon!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#12 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Kurasiu wrote:I see, thank you for the reply! :) Well, from what I saw the PAL discs aren't terribly expensive (around 40 PLN), so I might pick up one soon!

You should be able to use a burned copy in the meantime if you want. It just needs to be a regular copy and not an auto-connect one. The auto-connect disc is rather pointless with DreamPi anyway as the DreamPi DNS will point you to the right server.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Kurasiu
fire

Post#13 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Alright, thanks! Downloaded a clean copy just to check the connection - I was able to connect to both Planet Ring and ChuChu Rocket, and played for a little while, so everything works like a charm. :)