Wanted: New Dreamcast Live Host

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Re: RE: Re: Wanted: New Dreamcast Live Host

Post#31 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:45 am

tmjwid wrote:PBA booted, but went back to the dreamcast system menu when trying to get to the game menu. I'll burn another copy tomorrow on some different disks. I'll also be getting my keyboard and PSOv2 tomorrow.

The same to me :-(.

Maybe a common PAL issue?
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: RE: Re: Wanted: New Dreamcast Live Host

Post#32 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:13 am

Jako wrote:
tmjwid wrote:PBA booted, but went back to the dreamcast system menu when trying to get to the game menu. I'll burn another copy tomorrow on some different disks. I'll also be getting my keyboard and PSOv2 tomorrow.

The same to me :-(.

Maybe a common PAL issue?

Now that I think of it, someone mentioned something about a "PAL Patch" for PBA Bowling. I know nothing about it though. Maybe someone else can chime in.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Wanted: New Dreamcast Live Host

Post#33 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:38 am

You still testing games tmjwid? I'm hoping to start this soon so I'll need a host. ;)

Jako, would you be able to host this Sunday at 8:00PM (UTC +1)? This way I can start the event right away.
PSO Characters:

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#34 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi! Proud to help!

Sunday?
No problem, what game, PSO?

Mi not working ONLINE games:

Starlancer (Black Screen Anyway)
PBA Bowling, (need the pal patch, i fonund it, only need some time this weekend)
4x4 Evo, i was connected, but nevere tried a race.

For the rest no problems. :-)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#35 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:21 pm

Jako wrote:No problem, what game, PSO?

That's the only game we don't play on Game Night actually. :lol: No, the first game will be Next Tetris. I just created the official thread for "Game Night UK" which you can see here. I'll probably be joining for the debut game. :)
PSO Characters:

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#36 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Great, you caught that about PSO hahhaha, My english is bad, but my hability of make a joke is worst hehe.

Great! Next Tetris! Awesome battles will arrive:
-Zero lag.
-Very intensive gameplay, a round can finish in seconds or in minutes, the first to clear the bottom line wins, sound easy but not always hehheeh...
-If you repeat many gameplays continously with the same player, the difficult of the stages increase lightly, so addictive.

The "shame" is that the Ranking mode or any score are implemented, thats will add many more competitive gameplay someday :-)

Advice: Disable from the options the Background Animation, believe me, if not will be a mess for the sight. If you like the beer, you will hate that game XD.

@pcwzrd13, a question. Can i talk about that Innaugural Game Night at Dreamcast.es?
That event is a great chance for the europeans users (not only UK) because is a good day and a good hour. Many spanish people can be interested in that and this can be a motivation to make more users from here jump to the Online on the Dreamcast.
Another question, a was able to get into the Next Tetris! lobby with dial-up connection, but no chance to play with nobody that weeks. After with DreamPi everything ok and the port-forwarding works well.
Anybody tested this game via Dial-Up phone direct?

Happy weekend 4 all!!!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#37 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:21 pm

Jako wrote:@pcwzrd13, a question. Can i talk about that Innaugural Game Night at Dreamcast.es?

Sure, go ahead! Spread the word! :D It's called "Game Night UK" but really it's for anyone. I just like the name. :lol:

Jako wrote:Another question, a was able to get into the Next Tetris! lobby with dial-up connection, but no chance to play with nobody that weeks. After with DreamPi everything ok and the port-forwarding works well.
Anybody tested this game via Dial-Up phone direct?

Usually real dial-up won't work with games that require a specific DNS but if you were able to get to the lobby then it most likely works with your particular ISP. If you want to test it before Sunday, just let me know and I'll test it with you.
PSO Characters:

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#38 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:50 pm

Ok, tomorrow i will reconfigure the dreamcast ISP setup, the dns (i aimed to the DreamPi DNS) and other stuff of the line. I acomodated (hide) so much my dreampi on the main room i think hahaha, i have a cat XD.
I will advice you when i change that, are minutes but im tired today, a hard week hehe.

Thanks for the chance! My hopes of see that working is because on chuchurocket y never reach the server with dial-up (phone direct and DreamPi DNS), but played other games like PSO, Q3, Maximum pool... and the few more of that mode.
But with Next Tetris, everything was the same like using DreamPi, but without play with nobody, no luck :-(.
I hope that i explained it fine :-(. Sorry

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#39 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:34 am

Ok, my direct Dial-Up connection are ready again.
If someone want to test with me Next Tetris by this way or via DreamPi, you are welcome :)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#40 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:12 am

Jako wrote:Ok, my direct Dial-Up connection are ready again.
If someone want to test with me Next Tetris by this way or via DreamPi, you are welcome :)

Are you available in an hour or so?
PSO Characters: