Wanted: New Dreamcast Live Host

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Re: Wanted: New Dreamcast Live Host

Post#11 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:30 am

Great! I suffered that because i am from spain and is not easy to play on thar hour. The eastern 22:00 are there de 4am jajaj, i tried many times but i felt sleep or played few time. For curiosity, i only get to play some afternoons during the week with some USA or JAP users on PSO and ChuChuRocket, and some plays during the weekend to other games, with some luck.
I wish to try to host those matches, the time here is only one hour diferent. The problem is that i know by forward that i will not be in home every weekend or every wednesday, only i will be able de 70~80%. I need to find some one on thar zone or from UK to host the rest days and make a nice schedule.

But the idea is great, maybe is what many users froms europe needs to jump to the Online and enjoy it, these and loose the fear of conect to a Dial-Up or make a more familiar concept of dreampi. I will expose that theme today at Dreamcast.es and cross my fingers if someone want help.
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

tmjwid
Anarki

Post#12 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:33 am

I'd be up for doing this. I'm uk based and I have all the games.

I'm guessing it's just organising and planning what to play at certain times right?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:11 am

tmjwid wrote:I'd be up for doing this. I'm uk based and I have all the games.

Great! Have you been able to play all the games online? I know some people have issues playing certain games.

tmjwid wrote:I'm guessing it's just organising and planning what to play at certain times right?

It's even easier than that actually. I'd manage the schedule and you'd basically just have to show up and host. :)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

tmjwid
Anarki

Post#14 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:38 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
tmjwid wrote:I'd be up for doing this. I'm uk based and I have all the games.

Great! Have you been able to play all the games online? I know some people have issues playing certain games.

tmjwid wrote:I'm guessing it's just organising and planning what to play at certain times right?

It's even easier than that actually. I'd manage the schedule and you'd basically just have to show up and host. :)

Nice, yeah I'd be more than happy to host the games then. I've just played chu chu rocket (what a game) with Jako this very minute and I've had pso and planet ring working as well. Not tried any of the others, can't find them but I'm sure they'll work as my dreampi is in dmz.

Just need to find my keyboard now as using the pad is painful to chat!

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#15 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:46 am

Jejejje grear battle, i loose, but someday i will take my revenge jajaja :D

You can test with me any game this afternoon except
Starlancer, back screen, bad backup maybe.
PBA bowling, resets to boot menu at tittle screen.

But we can try 4x4 evo, toy racer, next tetris! (i hope that the ranking will be implemented soon, very very funny.)

Glad to play with you, im here for today to try. ;)

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#16 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:07 am

A question, why in planet ring all the rooms are full?

tmjwid
Anarki

Post#17 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:43 pm

Jako wrote:A question, why in planet ring all the rooms are full?

Your udp ports are not open for the game, I had this issue to but when I put my dreamcast in the dmz on my router it started to work again.

I'm going to go online later tonight if anyone is interested? Just about to try toy racer now and then next tetris.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#18 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:31 pm

I will be available to play in 50 mins or less, im chuchurocket or other indicated game.
Peace and fun!!!

Thanks for the Planet Ring help! I will try it; -)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#19 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:28 pm

Well if you can test all the online games successfully then the job is yours tmjwid! :) Although I'm thinking it would be a good idea to pick a co-host as well. This way there's a backup host in case you can't make it.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#20 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:35 pm

This sounds nice, im able during the year many time to play and "backup" when tmjwid have some issues or are out if he advices me 24 hours before, or less of course. If im not wrong, the difference between UK and my country is one hour only.
And by other way, i can advice about that events/nights/tournaments in spanish on other webs. My talked english is by faaaaar not perfect hahah, awful, funny for others... but i understand everything fine and enjoy triying it. I hope to be a nice link and help to push more the Online gaming in that segment of the scene.
I know that there are maaany many DC users, personaly and from forums, but dont find that interest in it or prefer newer online experiences. By other side, a Dreampi is not hard to find and do, but not easy for everyone, normal. I think that this is the main wall for many DC users now day.
But hey, lets enjoy what we have now.
Tell me the rules of a backup server member and i will do what i can. :-)