[Solved] Having issues connecting to the 4x4 master list on DreamPi?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Having issues connecting to the 4x4 master list on DreamPi?

Post#31 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:42 pm

namine207 wrote:You know, now that I think about it, when I had my Netopia setup it would never let me join games! I guess that explains that one! :lol:

Yeah, see, I know the server has issues because they existed before DreamPi even came to be. The thing that baffles me is that some people can reportedly play the game fine. So maybe there's a DreamPi issue in addition to the server issues, or maybe it's entirely on the server. I dunno. A new Starlancer server is another thing on Luke's to-do list so he should be able to fix it either way. It's just a matter of finding the time to do it.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

namine207
core

Re: Having issues connecting to the 4x4 master list on DreamPi?

Post#32 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:24 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
namine207 wrote:You know, now that I think about it, when I had my Netopia setup it would never let me join games! I guess that explains that one! :lol:

Yeah, see, I know the server has issues because they existed before DreamPi even came to be. The thing that baffles me is that some people can reportedly play the game fine. So maybe there's a DreamPi issue in addition to the server issues, or maybe it's entirely on the server. I dunno. A new Starlancer server is another thing on Luke's to-do list so he should be able to fix it either way. It's just a matter of finding the time to do it.

That's so odd :o I wonder why that is! A new Starlancer server may be the best solution if it can't be fixed- although I do know there were some random issues with the Netopia setup, like it not wanting to connect to certain games the first time, so it could maybe be a Netopia glitch and a DreamPi glitch that just so happen to act the same? :/

namine207
core

Re: [Solved] Having issues connecting to the 4x4 master list on DreamPi?

Post#33 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:55 am

Waha!!! Managed to find the AutoConnect disk in my old burned CD's, I must've used that back in the day and don't even remember. I ripped and reuploaded it onto IsoZone so people can now play that. :3

Freedomman10
lithium

Post#34 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:27 pm

Hello, I’m having a similar problem where I’m unable to connect to the master server. Has anyone found a way to work around this?

MasoElCaveman
shadow

Post#35 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:57 pm

Freedomman10 wrote:Hello, I’m having a similar problem where I’m unable to connect to the master server. Has anyone found a way to work around this?

I too couldn't connect to the master server with my retail disc, you need a patched 4x4 evo cdi to connect now. Mechanic posted some 4x4 cdi's in the chat that should get you to connect as it worked great for me; just got done racing for about an hour online! :)

Here's the one he just posted.

https://mega.nz/file/yf5STCYQ#e-LR7QFHQ ... PqTM__K70Q

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#36 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:03 pm

MasoElCaveman wrote:I too couldn't connect to the master server with my retail disc, you need a patched 4x4 evo cdi to connect now.

Just FYI, the master server is only down temporarily. Once it's back up (hopefully soon), you'll be able to connect with a retail disc again.
PSO Characters:

MasoElCaveman
shadow

Post#37 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:06 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
MasoElCaveman wrote:I too couldn't connect to the master server with my retail disc, you need a patched 4x4 evo cdi to connect now.

Just FYI, the master server is only down temporarily. Once it's back up (hopefully soon), you'll be able to connect with a retail disc again.

Good to know! Any clue why I can't get 2 copies of 4x4 to connect to eachother when both copies are connected to the same router? The 2 Dreamcasts I'm using can play together with PSO and Quake 3, but no luck with 4x4.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#38 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:29 pm

MasoElCaveman wrote:Good to know! Any clue why I can't get 2 copies of 4x4 to connect to eachother when both copies are connected to the same router? The 2 Dreamcasts I'm using can play together with PSO and Quake 3, but no luck with 4x4.

Couldn't help you there.

Good news! The master server is back up. I haven't been able to get an IP from FuzzyFish who usually hosts the master server so I'm hosting my own in the meantime. Retail discs should work now. :)
PSO Characters: