I may buy you a server...

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Doom27
MegaDeath

Re: I may buy you a server...

Post#11 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:58 am

yeah, I can do it...and i want to :roll:

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#12 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Well, if you are sure, then go ahead! ;)
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Doom27
MegaDeath

Post#13 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

is it possible to sign up at pay-pal, and not have a credit card...and not put in ur bank stuff?

But still be able to get donations, and then use it for the server?

Doom27
MegaDeath

Post#14 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:36 pm

If I'm correct, the server's are in North Montana...right by the canada border. 8-)

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#15 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:16 pm

Oh sweet!
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Impulse
Admin

Post#16 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:34 am

Doom27 wrote:yeah, I can do it...and i want to :roll:

Good.

Doom27 wrote:is it possible to sign up at pay-pal, and not have a credit card...and not put in ur bank stuff?

But still be able to get donations, and then use it for the server?

If you dont have a credit/debit card and dont want to put stuff in your bank account then i'm pretty sure you can still accept payments. When you recieve the money you would just have to withdraw it by having paypal send you the check. You'll have to sign up and see what happens I guess.
-Impulse

Doom27
MegaDeath

Post#17 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Okay, I created one...Now what?

Impulse
Admin

Post#18 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:53 am

Ok, you have to log into your pay pal account. There will be a bar at the top of the page that says merchant services, now click on it. Towards the middle of the page in the create buttons category, click on the donate link. From there, enter what is needed and it should give you an HTML code for the button or something so you can post it.
-Impulse

Doom27
MegaDeath

Post#19 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:13 pm

Donate at www.freewebs.com/consoleservers

But...I'm not to sure someone doesn't want to test it out with a very small amount first? Just to see what it does with the money, since I have no info accept my address and stuff on it.

Our goal for the year is $47.52

BUT...I would not start sending yet...because Syntax servers still has to wait another month b4 they get the game on their servers.

Doom27
MegaDeath

Post#20 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:04 pm

I want to get a dedicated server, found one that is $69 a month...yes... a lot LOL...but its the cheapest..

But It come's with 5 IP's .... It also can hold 15-20 people at one time... which means I could host like 4-5 servers for Q3ADC and then host one for BF1942, BFVietnam, there is 3 IP's....uh and...TAA for the ps2...no one is hosting a dedicated server for it... so yeah...and then...I don't know what i would do with the last one...

But they only accept credit card's only... so... whatever...A man can dream, right?

EDIT: Omgosh i found one for $49 a month...Then again none of these idiots allow anything but credit cards. :?

EDIT: Omgosh, the $49 a month one allows 15-20 people too...and they allow checks.

EDIT 3: That's it...I've got to try this dedicated server thing...Except I forgot to ask the guy if you can pay more than just month-month.
Last edited by Doom27 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.