Alien Front Online Server Update: Now Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

BLueSS
dark night

Re: Alien Front Online Server Update: Now Online

Post#381 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Are you able, even if for troubleshooting only, to connect the Dreampi directly to the network, not through the MacBook? Wifi on your raspberry pi? Move the DC closer to the router or a network port? I'd rather troubleshoot without OSX in the way...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

robinhoodie
rebel

Post#382 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Yeah. I can direct connect. But I actually seem to have less success that way. With the passthru I can see the servers and attempt to log into a game. On direct connect I can't. A simillar thing happens in 4x4 Evo as well.

Xiden
Developer

Post#383 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:45 pm

robinhoodie wrote:Righto, so here is DMZ

http://robinenrico.com/transfer/Untitled1.jpg

Port Forwarding

http://robinenrico.com/transfer/Untitled2.jpg

Here is the info on my DreamPi connected to OSX for internet sharing

http://robinenrico.com/transfer/Untitled3.jpg

http://robinenrico.com/transfer/Untitled4.jpg

When you connect to quake 3 do you get 192.168.2.98 on screen when it says connected?

robinhoodie
rebel

Post#384 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:48 pm

I get 192.168.3.98 when I connect via the pass through and direct connect

Direct connect cannot see the master server and seems not to see the servers I type in. Had no problem when using the pass through.

BLueSS
dark night

Post#385 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:58 pm

The AFO port forward needs to match the IP the Dreamcast gets, which in the post you just shared, is 192.168.3.98.

Xiden
Developer

Post#386 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:41 am

robinhoodie wrote:I get 192.168.3.98 when I connect via the pass through and direct connect

Direct connect cannot see the master server and seems not to see the servers I type in. Had no problem when using the pass through.

Theres your problem, you are dmzing 192.168.2.98 instead ypu should be dmzing 192.168.3.98

robinhoodie
rebel

Post#387 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:02 am

Ah ha! That makes sense. But I can only change the last digit on my router. So only the .98 part. Is there a way to change the Dreampi IP address then?

Tried changing the address on my router from 192.16.2.1 to 192.168.3.1 and it completely lost connection to the internet, but maybe there is something I am not doing right on that front.

BLueSS
dark night

Post#388 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:46 am

robinhoodie wrote:Ah ha! That makes sense. But I can only change the last digit on my router. So only the .98 part. Is there a way to change the Dreampi IP address then?

Tried changing the address on my router from 192.16.2.1 to 192.168.3.1 and it completely lost connection to the internet, but maybe there is something I am not doing right on that front.
To fix that limitation, connect the Dreamcast without going through the MacBook. Then your dreamcast and router subnets will be the same.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

robinhoodie
rebel

Post#389 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:56 am

You would think. But even directly connecting I get the .3. subnet. I feel like the passthru is actually conforming the Dreampi to the router. So far the only game that has worked directly connected has been Chu Chu Rocket (which would not work when connected to the Mac).

Shuouma
Developer

Post#390 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:09 pm

So Jako mention that the ranking system didn't update, so that is fixed now :)