Alien Front Online Server Update: Now Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: Alien Front Online Server Update: Now Online

Post#371 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:34 pm

HuntrRose wrote:to rule out wifi issues.. use a cable..

usually its port forwarding or DMZ causing the issue but not always...

X2

robinhoodie
rebel

Post#372 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:58 pm

So adding to the collective trouble shooting on this game.

I was unable to connect at all after hours of trying. But let me breakdown the things I tried so maybe I can figure out what went wrong.

Directly connecting from my Dreampi to my router I could never see any open games and would always get bumped from the server. I could get the "Collecting Game Information..." screen but then get disconnected. This is with changing my DMZ to.98 and with setting Port Forwarding to 7980.

Using internet sharing between OSX and the Dreampi I could see games and try to join, but always lose sync once the game started and get booted back to the main menu. Again I changed the DMZ and the Port Forwarding. Now after changing everything I can't even see the listed games / make my own.

So yeah, not sure what the issue is. Some games only work if I direct connect to my router. Some only work through internet sharing. This one doesn't work at all.

Xiden
Developer

Post#373 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:39 am

robinhoodie wrote:So adding to the collective trouble shooting on this game.

I was unable to connect at all after hours of trying. But let me breakdown the things I tried so maybe I can figure out what went wrong.

Directly connecting from my Dreampi to my router I could never see any open games and would always get bumped from the server. I could get the "Collecting Game Information..." screen but then get disconnected. This is with changing my DMZ to.98 and with setting Port Forwarding to 7980.

Using internet sharing between OSX and the Dreampi I could see games and try to join, but always lose sync once the game started and get booted back to the main menu. Again I changed the DMZ and the Port Forwarding. Now after changing everything I can't even see the listed games / make my own.

So yeah, not sure what the issue is. Some games only work if I direct connect to my router. Some only work through internet sharing. This one doesn't work at all.

What router are you using?

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#374 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:02 pm

don't forward ports & DMZ.. one or the other not both..

robinhoodie
rebel

Post#375 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Yup did the mix of DMZ and Port Forwarding. No luck.

Here is my Router data:
Name AC1600 DB Wireless Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
Model F9K1119v1

I will continue to keep notes as each game comes up. I totally got spoiled by starting with PSO which has never given me trouble.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#376 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:15 pm

HuntrRose wrote:don't forward ports & DMZ.. one or the other not both..

robinhoodie
rebel

Post#377 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Oh I meant, both with one on and the other off. Sorry to be unclear there.

Xiden
Developer

Post#378 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:48 pm

robinhoodie wrote:Oh I meant, both with one on and the other off. Sorry to be unclear there.

I assume u have dreampi 1.7 right? Can't remember if thats been asked.
Do u have any firewalls on? Maybe your ISP is blocking the packets? Shuouma maybe able to diagnose your issue by looking at server logs maybe.

BLueSS
dark night

Post#379 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:53 pm

robinhoodie wrote:So adding to the collective trouble shooting on this game.

Share the screen shots of your dmz config, and your port forwarding config.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

robinhoodie
rebel

Post#380 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:05 pm