Sega Swirl online?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Starseeker
shadow

Sega Swirl online?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Hello everyone, i just had a quick question for the community, on dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com it claims that Sega Swirl is online, Is that true? and is there anyone that would like to do that with me sometime? (Assuming that's still online) :D Thanks!

LimitZer0
rebel

Re: Sega Swirl online?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:03 pm

It is play by e-mail only. I'm not too interested in playing it but I'm sure someone here will be. :)
Online Games: PSO - Nate <20 | Quake III Arena | Toy Racers | 4x4 Evo

YouTube

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#3 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:22 pm

Starseeker wrote:Hello everyone, i just had a quick question for the community, on dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com it claims that Sega Swirl is online, Is that true? and is there anyone that would like to do that with me sometime? (Assuming that's still online) :D Thanks!

I was wondering about this myself. If it is indeed still working I'd like to see a forum for it. Impulse? :)

I'll play the game with you. Would be a great excuse to use a dreamcast web browser in 2015.
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

Starseeker
shadow

Post#4 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 pm

everynewday84 wrote:
Starseeker wrote:Hello everyone, i just had a quick question for the community, on dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com it claims that Sega Swirl is online, Is that true? and is there anyone that would like to do that with me sometime? (Assuming that's still online) :D Thanks!

I was wondering about this myself. If it is indeed still working I'd like to see a forum for it. Impulse? :)

I'll play the game with you. Would be a great excuse to use a dreamcast web browser in 2015.

I Would love to play a Game with you!
It says that my email address is [email protected]
I'm not exactly sure how to set this up, I haven't played online yet on the dreamcast, so please parden me as i figure things out and learn things :D

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:07 pm

It should work if both players have access to the correct POP3 SMTP info for email accounts.

Starseeker
shadow

Post#6 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:41 pm

SMiTH wrote:It should work if both players have access to the correct POP3 SMTP info for email accounts.

Yes, that is what we will be testing, Hopefully everything works out :geek:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#7 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:51 pm

The problem with Sega Swirl is that it requires each player to have an email account set up in the web browser and most email services nowadays require authentication for outgoing mail which is not supported by the web browsers on the Dreamcast. I was looking for an email service that would work a while back but had no luck.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Starseeker
shadow

Post#8 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:14 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:The problem with Sega Swirl is that it requires each player to have an email account set up in the web browser and most email services nowadays require authentication for outgoing mail which is not supported by the web browsers on the Dreamcast. I was looking for an email service that would work a while back but had no luck.

While i was tampering with Sega Swirl email challenge, it just gave me this email out of no where: ([email protected])

Do you know what that is for? Do you get something different?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#9 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:40 pm

That email address is from the previous owner of the Dreamcast. Mindspring doesn't exist anymore so it's not going to work.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#10 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:44 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:The problem with Sega Swirl is that it requires each player to have an email account set up in the web browser and most email services nowadays require authentication for outgoing mail which is not supported by the web browsers on the Dreamcast. I was looking for an email service that would work a while back but had no luck.

Are you telling me you diligently tried to get this to work but had no success?!
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.