MAC-DC Server Guide

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TacT
Uber

Re: MAC-DC Server Guide

Post#21 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:01 pm

set BOTH DNS fields , do not leave one at 0.0.0.0 , i also recommend just using Ives PSO v2 disc anyway, it loads faster, fixes freezing bug, higher quality bgm, and no need to swap a boot disc.

it's still thinking.

Ataru
noob

Post#22 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:56 am

Hi! I've been getting into the dreamcast again recently, and I'm actually using PPC computer all the time, and also not having the money to spend on the other methods to get my Dreamcast online, I really wanted to try out this guide. But all the download links are down, and the CU Apple Dev Documentation link is down and not avaible on the wayback machine... So i really would love help on this one. If you have the knowledge, or the files, or anything to help, please tell me!

sega dude
undertow

Post#23 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:50 pm

I have the files. I uploaded them to my MediaFire.

CU.tar

MAC DC old.rtf

The CU file is all you really need. As for the CU documentation, you should be able to type the following into terminal to view it:

Code: Select all

man cu

I don't use this method anymore, I later switched to a Linux PC based PC-DC server, and now I use DreamPi. This method worked well with my Power Mac G4 when I did use it.

dcnigma
lithium

Post#24 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Now I want to try/make my own E-mac version!
Check out my website http://dcnigma.eu5.org just a personal blog/website.
To keep track of my projects, Arcade Cabinets, Dreamcast mods, Raspberry Pi mods, Software, Design,
Homebrew Games, Rom Hacks, 3D prints, Strange things and many more :D :D :D

Ataru
noob

Post#25 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:00 am

sega dude wrote:I have the files. I uploaded them to my MediaFire.

CU.tar

MAC DC old.rtf

The CU file is all you really need. As for the CU documentation, you should be able to type the following into terminal to view it:

Code: Select all

man cu

I don't use this method anymore, I later switched to a Linux PC based PC-DC server, and now I use DreamPi. This method worked well with my Power Mac G4 when I did use it.

Thanks for the reupload, it's very much appreciated! All I need now is to make a line voltage mod to my telephone cable, and I'm ready to go play PSO on my Dreamcast!