Planet Ring Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Planet Ring Online

Post#151 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Neoblast wrote:We are preparing a nice update for the Planet Ring Server. Adding things like a webquery to check online users from a website and some other things/fixed to enhance the experience.

Good to hear! Hopefully stability will be improved. I can't recall the last game I played on Planet Ring where the server didn't crash. Any update on the microphone fix for PC-DC and Netopia users?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#152 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:38 pm

Neoblast wrote:We are preparing a nice update for the Planet Ring Server. Adding things like a webquery to check online users from a website and some other things/fixed to enhance the experience.

We'll keep you posted!

Great, awesome news

pcwzrd13 wrote:Any update on the microphone fix for PC-DC and Netopia users?

Yes i'm wondering the same
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Neoblast
Developer

Post#153 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:22 pm

There's a draft program that redirects the voice packets over to the external IP. It is very buggy an the timing is tricky, once we improve it, we will release it.

The game was made consiering it would be using using dial up, and the voip part ends up getting the other party's internal network IP and tries to send the voice data there, which will not work obviously.
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

Jon
rebel

Post#154 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:15 pm

I can dial in and get connected, I get through the registration process and everything and then my little man is stuck unable to move in a wireframe view. I can use the triggers to rotate the screen, but cannot walk around, and I'm not in the place with all the games. What am I doing wrong?

mickschen
core

Post#155 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:25 pm

all tables are full when im connected.

the link for the patch disc are nit activ...

what we can do?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#156 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:12 pm

The patched CDIs are a no longer you'd just play with a clean CDI er the GD-R

Tables full because not port-forwarded (way too much work especially across all titles and did not budge when I tried), so enable DMZ on your Dreamcast's IP!

Quake 3 connect reveals your Dreamcast's IP address

mickschen
core

Post#157 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:10 pm

okey, its good for a test i see... normaly my dc have the 98. .. the dmz is open for my VM. Ports are open for the .98